Chapter 3

"She's gorgeous" Aiden spoke out forgetting that both Jason and Skylar were in the room. Aiden, Jason and Skylar had all retreated to Aidens house after work, and from the moment Aiden lay his head on his bed, and began his toss up of the black stress ball...he had been lost in thought, thought about Melina.

"She is human" Skylar countered Aidens response without shifting from his lazy position on the couch.

"She is gorgeous" Aiden said once more, completely disregarding Skylars response, continuing his ball toss.

Jason silently stood up from his position on the floor against the wall across from the desk in Aidens room, and slowly walked over to the computer "She is black..." he mumbled barely above a whisper. Skylar snapped his head up in shock, race had never been a point of importance when speaking about women in the past.

The words stung Aiden as if he had been cut with a pure silver knife and he snapped up causing the ball to catapult across his room

"SO What?! She is a HUMAN, Jason, not an alien" he hissed fiercely at Jason. Jason had done nothing but state a true fact, but Aiden grew angry nonetheless.

Jason turned to face Aiden. Calmly and choosing his words carefully, he shed light on his reasoning

"Exactly... Alpha, she is a beautiful black woman...human woman. In their culture it is ....rare...that a woman of her race...would court.."

Jason did not finish his sentence but all three of the men knew exactly where he was headed with his point. The next few moments passed in dead silence, the only thing that filled the room was tension.

Aidens mind went rampant with fury and confusion. Never in his lifestyle as a wolf was he denied a partner because of their bloodlines let alone something as trivial as the color of ones fur. In their culture male werewolves, especially Alphas indulged freely. Aiden did not dare to think that Jason was suggesting that he was not good enough for Melina....if that were the case Jason would have been murdered...by his best friend second...and by his Alpha first.

He has to be wrong, Aiden told himself. If not, he had no one else to blame but himself, for choosing to assimilate into humanity.

All of these dark thoughts clouded Aidens mind to the point where he did not realize the violent vibrations of his phone on the desk near Jason.

"Mu Chela" Jason answered the phone in their native tongue. The sound of the language of the wolves dancing on Jasons lips tore Aiden out of his dark thought immediately and he stood.

Jason, Aiden, Skylar or any member of the Nebular pack never spoke in their native tongue unless the situation was desperate. Because Jason waited no more than 10 seconds into the conversation to start speaking in this manner Aiden sensed an ominous situation at hand.

Jason gritted his teeth after a few more seconds of listening to the voice on the other end of the phone, then he finally hung up. Aiden and Skylar rushed to where he was standing and they both felt the anger radiating from his body.

"Woodland...they have invaded our territory out west...they have destroyed our homes Alpha...they have murdered our brothers" his voice grew thunderous with every crime he listed and his eyes grew dark.

Skylar bent his head, and raised it with a rapid growl stemming from his lips, his chest heaved, heavily and he clenched his fists, restraining from destroying the walls that held Aidens house together.

Aiden kept in silence. Woodland was a faction of his fathers pack, Midnight. His father disowned Aiden as soon as he broke away and chose to roam freely with the humans, ignoring his original roots. Aidens father despised the life Aiden chose and sought to destroy it .....by any means neccessary...even if it mean killing of Aidens pack.

Aiden's body shuttered in pure fury. He hated his father. His brothers have paid the price because of his father.

Aiden vowed that before any other member of the Nebular pack was even so much as scratched by the rival pack, he would be dragging the corpse of his father through his territory....for all the world to see.

As if the promise was heard by both of the wolves surrounding Aiden, all three of them let out a blood curdling howl and shifted into form.

They were ready.