Twelve

Narrator

San cried and cried the moment she got back to the den. Her only memories of Ashitaka was the crystal dagger and the silver bow. She had no appetite. She couldn't eat after what happened.
Night came. She slept alone in a corner, still crying. Her eyes were all puffy and red from all the crying. Her brothers slept in the other corner of the den.

San

"San! Wake up! Wake up! Meet me below the den!"
I yawned. Who was that? Calling me so early. The stars were still out.
Everything seemed fine to me. Oh. I suddenly remembered that Ashitaka died. Then I started crying again. I replayed what that person said in my mind. Meet it under the den...
I wondered who it will be. I grabbed my dagger, still tearful, and ran to the edge of the den. Nothing was there. Then I made my way down to under the den. "Who's ther-" my heart skipped a beat. There was a manly figure standing at the rocks. Could it be? Could it? My mind was thinking of all the possibilities.
I carefully walked to the figure. The moonlight suddenly shone at the person's face. "A-Ashitaka? I-is that y-you?" I stammered. He walked towards me. He nodded. "Is that really you?" I said, hardly daring to breathe. He walked to me then gave me a bone-crushing hug. "Yes, San. It's me. Ashitaka," I pulled away from him and looked at his face. I started crying- not tears of sadness but tears of joy. "Ashitaka! B-but how?" "Your tears saved me. When I woke, I realised what the oracle had meant.
The cure lies from the directions of the earth.
It may be from the North, the east, the south, the west.
It roams around and protects, but does not know its own kind.
It ment that you roamed around, protecting your territory. About the one where 'does not know its own kind' is what I told you. You're human, like me.
The cure is true, the true of one; the blend of true, positive mixed feelings will destroy the curse.
This ment that, um, this feeling is um, Love. It was your tears that was filled with all your love and sadness for me that cured my wounds. Thank you." I blushed.