Of Breakfasts

Brian loaded his "stuff"  into Jessie's apartment with ease.  First,  he really didn't have much stuff with him.  Second of all, he was lean and mean that it made his really heavy back packs seem like sacks of cotton. 

It was already almost ten in the evening when Brian finally hauled in the last of his baggage, a small satchel with what seem like his laptop and personal effects.   By the time that he got in his room, she was already in hers, ready to sleep.  After all, tomorrow is Monday and the start of the business week.   He sat on his bed and looked at his room.  It was a nice room.  A little small and a bit stark from the plain white walls, but it was big enough for him.  He slowly took out a small picture frame from his satchel.  In it, is a picture of a beautiful girl smiling fondly with her arms around him.  It was taken from the most perfect day of his life.  He had never been any happier than that day.

Her name is Aria and she was the best thing that ever happened to him.   Brian smiled as the thought of her entered his mind.

---

Jessie meanwhile was in a pensive mood.  She does not really know why.  She hardly seen him in the last couple hours.   He would pop in to say he was back to bring in more stuff but he would disappear in his room for an hour and would eventually just leave again immediately without any byword.  

Jessie was frustrated by their lack of interaction.  She felt like she was just given an invitation to a guest, but fancies to just show up and not talk at all.  She felt ignored.   

The heat of the afternoon sun made it super uncomfortable moving driving about town picking up stuff for his new roommate.    Jessie made a trip to the department store to specifically pick out some home items.  Knowing her brothers perchance for mess and disorganization, she thought it would be a subtle hint to him if she buys him a shoe rack and  some washroom essentials, like a loofah and soap holder.   That would get him to think about keeping things organized and not messy. Also, she purposely bought scented candles and perfume plug-ins.   She does not want her condo to smell like a guy.   

"Trust me," Jessie says to herself.  "I have two brothers.   I know what guys smell like."

She made him dinner.   Correction.  She bought him dinner from a nice restaurant because she can't cook.  To her defence,  she did heat up the three-course Chinese in the microwave and presented them in a nice plate.   

"Hungry?"  Jessie offered as he was about to leave to pick up more things.

"Hmm, smells great.  Thanks, but I'm really not that hungry."    

"But you haven't eaten anything the whole afternoon?"

"Are you keeping tabs on me?"

"You? As if..."

Brian smiled as Jessie's cheeks were flaming red.   "Thanks for the concern, hon, but I really have tons of stuff to move."

He left with a big grin on his face.

Jessie was furious that she almost shoved all of the piping hot dinner in the waste can.   Then Jessie thought of how much waste of a good dim sum that was.   She eventually ate the one siomai she had since been eyeing.   

As she ate with gusto,  she began to think about him calling her "hon."   It certainly had a nice ring to it.   A small tingle traveled up her smile.  That was what it must have felt like to be his real "honey."  She ultimately imagined what it would be like to be his wife.  

"Stop it, Jessie!!!"   Jessie was furious with herself.   "He is nothing. He is just the solution to her problems.  She was just after his money.   That all there is to him.  Nothing more."