The Mechanics of Who and How

"This is an extremely bad idea!" Jessie explained as she and Justin found themselves entering their favourite Italian restaurant Gazebo. It was already past 10 and Justin felt bad for her. He decided to treat her for dinner. The rich and lavish Italian restaurant was just a block away from their office. It was typically a well-known watering hole among their office folks.

"You very well know that it could work!" countered Justin as he ushered her into the popular restaurant. Being that it was Friday night, it was a little crowded with Script employees.

"Not that, I meant this."

Jessie was referring to their impromptu dinner date. Instantly a few dozen pairs of eyes darted their way, mostly from Justin's unknowing followers. Jessie swears she even saw one girl gave her the stink eye.

"You know I don't have the money for this, right?"

"I told you it's my treat." Justin assured her and gave her arm a tight squeeze as they slid into the empty table in a corner.

The mood of the place was light. The music was engaging but not overly loud. On the opposite side of the room was the bar area, where most of the non-dinner folks would hang out.

Not even a moment passed when all of a sudden a couple of burly guys came tumbling their way. The older of the two is Caleb, who Jessie once dated after a dare. She found him very shallow and conceited that she vowed never to go out with him ever again. The other guy, who was slightly more good looking is Adrian. He caught Jessie's eye once but since then distanced herself after hearing nasty rumours about him being a player.

Both men, over the years, had shown advances towards Jessie.

"So, what do we have here, a date?" Caleb jeered.

Jessie rolled her eyes, "What is it to you?"

"We just have to see it for ourselves..." Adrian joined in. "Can you imagine the ice queen finally melting?"

Much to Jessie's consternation, Justin seemed to have taken things to stride.

"Can you imagine it took little old me to do it?" Justin joked, which earned a nice kick on the shins from Jessie.

"So, what's the real score?"

Caleb looked maliciously at both Jessie and Justin. Between the two guys, Caleb's amorous gestures had always been one of Jessie's pet peeves.

"No, there is no score! There is nothing happening here, we are just having dinner." Jessie explained.

"You expect us to believe that you two are just eating?" Adrian said. "You two are having a nice office romance and you don't want people to find out, huh?"

"Yep, there is definitely something going on with the two of you." Caleb nodded his head in agreement, and then turned to Justin "Is the sex good, pare?"