Davy Jones

It was smack in the middle of a storm when they caught site of the Flying Dutchman. Kat felt as though her entire throat welt up. There was the ship that haunted her nightmares and Jack's reality.

"That's the Flying Dutchman? Doesn't look like much." Will said, squinting his eyes to get a better view.

Kat raised a dark eyebrow and looked at her best friend disbelievingly, "You're kidding right?"

"You don't look like much either, William. Do not underestimate her." Jack said darkly. He then turned his entire attention to Will. "So, what's your plan then?"

"I row over, search the ship until I find your bloody key." Will said nonchalantly.

"And if there are crewmen?" Jack asked.

"I cut down anyone in my path."

Kat grabbed Will's arms and shook him, "William Turner, you're kidding right? There's no way you are going to single handedly take down all of those men and steal that stupid key unscathed."

Will smiled down at his much shorter friend, "What do you suggest then? I take you with me as a safety net?" He said with humor in his voice.

"Absolutely not. Let's not get any ideas in to her pretty little head." Jack flailed his hands in-between them. Jack knew Kat had a tendency to get herself involved in things that were too dangerous for her.

Kat glared at Jack and turned her attention back to her delusional, love sick, best friend. "Will, this is no time for jokes. Your plan is going to get you killed."

"Well, I like it! Simple, easy to remember." Jack said as he clapped his hands. Will began to climb into the rowboat and peddle away. "And if you get caught say that Jack Sparrow sent you. Might save your life mate!" Jack shouted after him.

After watching Will haul himself on to the bloody ship Kat swung around and smacked Jack on the arm. "Jack Sparrow, if you get my best friend killed..."

Jack grabbed the sides of Kat's face and pulled her closer. "Luv, have I ever let you down before?" When Kat didn't respond, Jack smiled his charming smile. "Exactly, dear ol' William will return to us in no time with the key. Then we will save your dimwitted Lizzie."

"Don't let me down, I trust you Jack." Kat whispered noticing their close proximity.

"I'd sooner be sent to the locker then let you down. Your trust is more than anything I could ask for, luv." He ran his thumb towards her lips that were slightly parted.

It was in that moment, where Kat was staring at him with those big brown eyes and thick eyelashes that Jack Sparrow knew. He had fallen in love.

A crack of thunder sent them flying away from each other. Kat immediately began to straighten herself out. She rubbed her hands on the outfit she was wearing. Luckily Tia had clothes small enough for Kat to wear and be comfortable. Paired with a pair of black sailor boots and white long sleeved blouse, she looked like a proper female pirate. "S-Should we... umm use the telescope to check on Will?" She pushed some of her long curly black hair behind her ear.

"Yes! Fantastic idea!" Jack swung his finger in air and quickly ripped out the telescope. He was trying to rid himself of the odd feeling he had just witnessed. I'm in love? Can that even be possible, he thought to himself.

Kat came next to him once more to get a good look at her friend. God let him be okay. Just as she began to look on the ship and see Will start to get in an altercation. "Jack, he's in trouble."

Jack looked closer in to the telescope right as Davy Jones appeared in front of them, sending both of them to step back in fear. "Not in as much trouble as we are in, luv."

"Oh dear God." Kat's eyes opened in complete fear. There stood Davy Jones, tentacles and all.

"You have a debt to be paid, Jack Sparrow. You've been captain of the Black Pearl for thirteen years. That was our agreement." He spat at Jack.

Jack hesitantly tried to find his words, "Technically, I was only captain for two years, then I was viciously mutinied upon." Jack said.

Davy Jones growled, stepping towards Jack a little more. "Then you were a poor captain, but a captain nonetheless! Have you not introduced yourself all these years as Captain Jack Sparrow?"

"He's got you there Jack." Kat muttered.

Jack glared at Kat, "You have our payment! One soul to serve on your ship is already over there!"

"One soul is not equal to another, and even if it was you'd still be one short."

"Aha! So we've established my proposal is sound in principle, now we're just haggling over price!" Jack exclaimed.

"Price?" Davy Jones asked.

Kat had enough of this. "How many souls do you think Jack Sparrow's soul is worth?

Davy Jones snapped his gross, fishy neck towards Kat, who stepped back instinctively. "And who might you be? Another pawn in Jack Sparrow's game? Wife?"

"No and no. My name is Katherine Williams. And that is my friend on your ship so state your price and let's be done with this." Kat said, trying to act confident.

"One hundred souls, three days-uh." He said. Davy Jones was slightly impressed with this small girl. He reminded her of someone he used to know.

"Send us back my friend Will and we'll get started." Kat looked around at Jones's crew who were equally disgusting as they were surround the Black Pearl crew.

"I keep the boy, a good-faith payment. That leaves you only ninety-nine more to go." He began to laugh along with his crew.

Kat's breath got caught in her throat. Keep Will? "I just told you he was my friend. This negotiation requires him to be returned to us!"

Jack interrupted, "Have you not met Will Tuner? He's noble, heroic, terrific soprano. Worth at least four... maybe three and a half. And did I happen to mention... he's in love, with a girl. Due to be marries! Betrothed." Jack ignore Kat's burning glare as he circled the other Captain. "Dividing him from her and her from him... would only be half as cruel as actually allowing them to be joined in holy matrimony. Aye?" Jack looked intently at Davy Jones.

"You have a place in your heart for love, don't you Davy Jones?" Kat recalled Tia's story and decided to pull on his heartstrings. Hoping this would allow Will to go free.

Davy looked at Kat and it almost seemed like her and Jack's plan worked. Unfortunately, his face-hardened, " I keep the boy. Ninety-nine souls-uh. But I wonder, can you live with this Katherine? Jack Sparrow could maybe but you? Condemning an innocent man – a friend- to a lifetime of servitude, in your name while you roam free?"

"No. That's why I'm asking you, in the name of love to let him go. Please." Kat pleaded with her eyes beginning to water.

"Love is a funny thing Katherine Williams. I used to do things for love and now, I do them to spite it." He spat those words in Kat's face as the wind whipped around them.

"I am good with it on the other hand. So shall we seal it in blood? Or umm... Ink?" Jack stuck his hand out.

"Jack!" Kat yelped.

Jones grabbed his hand and slimed all over it. "Three days." His crew repeated it. The slime covering his black spot began to heal the mark. With that, they left.

"Jack how could you? You handed Will over!" Tears pooled in her eyes.

"I have a plan luv. You still trust me, don't you?"

She sighed and against her better judgment said, "Yes."

"And how do you intend to harvest these ninety-nine souls in three days?" Gibbs asked.

Jack wiped his hands on Gibbs's shirt. "Fortunately, he was mum as the condition in which these souls have to be."

"Ahh... Toturga."

"Tortuga." Jack repeated.