Lady Luck

Humming along to the radio, I continued to drive along the tree lined street I was on. Currently, I had no idea on where I was or where I was even heading to, all I knew was that I had to keep on driving.

I was amazed when I woke up on the same couch I had slept on last night. I expected the worst, for tons of wolves to come spilling into the small cabin and take me to my doom, but it didn't happen.

Maybe luck was on my side after all.

The second I woke up I packed up anything and everything that would make survival easier. I felt bad for taking the stuff from Dave's place, but I promised myself that when I got the chance I would pay him back. My mood brightened as I finally found myself approaching a small little town. Staying in a hotel wasn't an option for me, it was too expensive and much too risky. I only had around fifty dollars on me, and I needed that for gas. I had stocked up on enough supplies to last me a while, but if I needed more I was going to have to steal it. I pulled into the parking lot of some electronics store, needing to stretch my legs from the hours of driving I'd been going through. Adjusting my hair so it mostly covered my face, i climbed out of the car and into the store. Browsing the aisles I looked around at all the things that lined the shelves. I was looking at some headphones where the electronics were located when the wall of TV's in front of me suddenly all changed to the same channel. I looked up at the screens, my eyebrows knitting together.

On the screen was an empty stage that was encircled by tons of reporters. The sounds of their chatter buzzed through the TV, but were too low for me to make out what they were saying. Bright red letters that said 'Breaking News' danced across the screen and all of a sudden the chatter stopped, the camera focusing on a tall figure entering the room.

I think I choked on my own saliva.

The most beautiful man that I had ever seen made his way onto the stage, his jaw clenched and fists into tight balls at his side. His dark blonde hair was slightly messy, in a sexy sort of way. Even though he was wearing a suit you could tell that he was made up of pure muscle and sun kissed skin. His deep brown eyes looked directly into the camera, the gaze so intense that I felt as if the TV screen would crack. I knew instantly who this man was, and it made my knees shake.

"As everyone is aware, I Alpha Alexander Davidson, have found my mate. You also probably know that she has been missing for a day now. I have put my best trackers to the job to go and find her, but somehow she has managed to elude them which is why I am seeking help from the general public. I am asking for everyone to help me find my mate, there will be a hefty reward to the  person who can help bring her to me."

My mouth fell open in shock. A reward? He couldn't be serious. I went to go leave when his deep voice spoke again.

"Before I go, I have a message for my mate." I swallowed hard and watched as the camera zoomed into his face. "You can run and you can hide, but no matter what I will find you. You have two days to turn yourself in, if you don't, your loved ones will have to suffer." The faces of my Aunt Fran, Dave, and Kara showed up on the screen. "See you soon, Darling"

I Leaned against one of the shelves for support. I really didn't think this guy was going to be this serious about the whole 'mate' thing. I really thought he would go find some she-wolf thing and forget about me.

"He's bluffing." A voice came from next to me making me jump.

"What?" I asked, looking up at the guy who appeared next to me. He looked around my age, maybe a little younger. He had blonde shaggy hair and black square glasses that framed his green eyes. He was tall and lanky with pasty white skin and smelled like cheap cologne.

"The alpha." He said pointing to the TV. "He's bluffing. Law states that no wolf can hurt a human, they'll be sent to death if they do. He's not going to hurt your loved ones."

I looked up at him shocked. "How did you know it was me?"

He laughed and took off the hoodie he was wearing. "There's posters of you throughout the entire country, your face is everywhere. Here." He said and threw me the hoodie. "I would hurry and put that on if I were you. There's a nice profit for your head and some people would be more than happy to take you to the alpha kicking and screaming." I quickly put it on, making sure the hood was up so I was more disguised.

"Why'd you do it?" The blonde asked. "It's unusual that someone would run from their mate, let alone an alpha wolf."

"I don't want a mate."

He smiled and looked back at me "You may not want it, but it will happen. Mates were created for a reason." He said and before I could say anything else he turned around and left me alone with my thoughts. I sighed and put the headphones I was looking at down, I needed to get some fresh air. I went to turn around, accidentally bumping into a hard chest.

"I am so sorry! I-" I started, the hood on the jacket falling backwards as I looked up at the figure I had run into.

"You!" The man I bumped into yelled in shock while looking at me. "You're the alpha's mate!" His outburst made everyone in the store stop what they were doing to look at me. There was dead silence and I swallowed a lump that was forming in my throat, trying to find a way to escape. Hoards of people suddenly rushed to me, the crowd blocking any chance of escape i had left. Before I knew it my arms were pinned down, preventing me from trying to do anything and people were on their phones excitedly talking about how they caught me. I struggled to break free and run away, but the holds on me were too tight and I found myself giving up.

Looks like my luck just ran out.