Soft Fireworks

Stan started the coffee, as he yawned. He wasn't tired, just worn out. For some reason the following night took a lot out of him. Then he heard footsteps coming into the kitchen. "Morning Grunkle Stan!" He heard Mabel's energetic voice shout.

"How do you always have so much energy..." Stan said in slight annoyance. "It's how I roll!" She shouted happily as she kissed the old man's cheek. Then he saw she was already all dressed. "Where are you going so early?" He asked her.

"I'm heading to town to go grab you some more groceries! You have like nothing to eat! How do you survive?!" Mabel questioned. "We just make due with what we have." He answered honestly. She just shrugged her shoulders and went out the door.

"Oh I better wake Dipper up!" Stan then remembered. He set the coffee to its time, then walked down to Stanford's old room. As he walked down, he strangely saw the door wide open. Then, he walked in to find an empty room. All that was his that was there, was his bag and his casual blue jacket.

"That kid... Always working." Stan said to himself. Then he thought about it. He turned and looked in the mirror. "Kind of like me I suppose." He sighed and looked at himself.
"But he's a good and hardworking boy. Just needs to relax a little bit." Stan recited.
__________________________

Dipper crouched down, as he put his goggles on his face for protection. He then took a small detector device from his tool belt. He stuck it on the radio tower power box. The screen read, "Frequency: 35%". Ah man... This will take a while." Dipper sighed to himself.

He turned the device off and put it back in his belt. He picked up the crowbar, and pried open the damaged door of the power box. Every fuse in it was destroyed. "Why Grunkle Ford... Why.." He sighed in frustration. He took another good look at the wires, and knelt on one knee.

He strapped on his rubber gloves, and turned back to face the box. He found the end of the cover for the wires, and forcefully tried to rip it off. He almost got it, before it slit his hand. "Ah! Freaking metal cover!" He hit it in slight anger. He saw the hole in the glove, where blood was dripping from his palm.

He just let it be, and continued to rip off the cover. After finally succeeding, he slowly grabbed two wire pieces that were once one. He gently started to press then back together, then rewire it. As he did so, he could hear the generator power back up. "Finally..." Dipper said in relief.

But then he heard his radio go off. He took it off his pants pocket, and spoke into it. "Yeah chief." He said. "The wrong generator came on Dipper. Rewire the red cords." His boss replied. "They're all red!" Dipper complained. "Then you better get busy." His boss then hung up.

"Oh my god..." Dipper said angrily. He undid his wire clamp, and unhooked the wires from one another. Once he did, he took his goggles off, and threw them on the ground. "Could barely see through them anyway.." He grumbled to himself.

"Did someone not get his coffee this morning?" He heard a familiar voice behind him. He turned around still crouched, and saw Pacifica walking up to him with nothing but a smile and a paper bag in her hand. He just quietly chuckled. She got close to him and handed him the bag.

"What's this?" He asked curiously. "I know you didn't eat this morning, so I brought you a little breakfast." She said happily. "You didn't have to do that." Dipper said softly as always. "Well everyone needs their morning meal. Plus you got a coffee with it so be happy." She playfully said.

He took out the coffee and immediately took a sip of it. He just smiles after. "This is nice, thanks I appreciate it." He grinned. "It's the least I could do." She sat down beside him. "You work a little too hard. Ya know that?" She told him. "Look I appreciate the concern but-

"But nothing! Look how unhappy you are!" She scolded him like a mother. "It's early in the morning and I'm tired. That's all." He defended himself. "You... Need a vacation. When's the last time you had a break from work?" She asked him. He thought hard for a second.

"Exactly. You're back home! Enjoy your family and friends!" She said to him. "Wish I could." He said then took the wrapped egg muffin out of the bag. She just stared at him with a sad expression. He finally caught her after he took a bite. "What??" He said, slightly aggravated.

"You're frustrated... I can tell." She said to him. He just sighed again. "Here. I'm gonna help you. And I'm not taking no for an answer." She told him. "This stuff is dangerous and I don't want you getting hurt so just let me-

"Oh my god what did you do to your hand?!" She quickly grabbed his hand. "It was just a little accident. Cut myself on some metal. No big deal." He answered. "This cut is massive! You're treating it like a little razor blade cut!" She scolded him again. She lightly touched it, as he hissed.

"Dipper...why do you keep this job..." She asked him. "It pays the bills. Plus I've got the brain for it." Dipper told her. "But it doesn't make you happy." She shot back. "Alright I admit it! It doesn't make me happy okay!" Dipper exclaimed.

"Then why do you keep it?!" She exclaimed back. "Because I can do it! It's something I can't screw up and it doesn't screw me over!" He argues. She quickly grabbed his injured hand and held it up. "This doesn't screw you over?!" She yelled back.

"Why do you care so much about what happens to me!!" Dipper yelled back. "Because maybe I CARE ALOT ABOUT YOU!!" She yelled loudly as she got closer to him. She looked up at him with a stern face. As he did to her.

Then, they both quickly leaned in to each other. As they did, Pacifica grabbed Dipper's hand. Then, she and Dipper closed their eyes as their lips met. He pulled her in closer while he passionately liplocked with her. Then, they both finally pulled off for air. They stared at each other, in shock.

"Did we just..." Pacifica stopped. "Y-yeah..!" Dipper said, with his mind blown. "So y-you... Like me?" Pacifica asked with red cheeks. "I think so.." dipper answers with the same big eyes. Then, she pulled his neck closer to her and kissed him again.

He took his gloves off, and wrapped both of his arms around her waist. She put both of her arms around his neck and held on to him tightly. Then she pulled off again. "I can't tell you how long I've wanted to do that." She smiled at him. He just chuckled as she got off.

"Tonight, I'm just gonna be all alone in my big house", she teases, "And you're gonna join me." She said as she patted his cheek. She unzipped her jacket, as she was about to leave. "See ya then." She winked, then left. He couldn't help but look at her back side as she walked away. He then felt his cheek. "Wow..." He smiled and blushed.