A New Encounter

The cafe is very...homey. It has family pictures of the family, all around the walls. I stare all around me as I take in all my surroundings. Of course, I don't watch where I am going and I bump into someone and slip and taking the plates and cups with me.

"Oops! Sorry, I didn't see you there," he says while pulling me up. He's wearing an apron, so I'm guessing he's a waiter. 

He offers his hand and I reluctantly grab it. He's either really strong or I'm really light because he pulls me straight up. We're face to face with each other and I immediately go to his eyes. His hazel eyes almost remind me of honey. Wow.

"Uh, it's okay, it's my fault. I didn't see where I was going. Oh my gosh, the dishes! I'm so sorry!" I apologize while starting to pick them up, but he stops me.

"Don't worry. It's my fault. Let me get them. You don't have to help," he obliges and starts picking up the dishes for me.

He tilts his head for a second while looking at me. "Hey, I haven't seen you around here before. Uh, what's your name?" he asks me.

"Uh, it's Sophie, Sophie Sanders," I answer shyly.

"Oh, I'm Shane, Shane Filan. Maybe we can talk later, but I gotta work."

"Oh right. Yeah, I'll see ya!" I wave and sit down at my parent's table.

They bother me by asking delirious questions. I shrug because I'm too focused on Shane.

Is he part of the family on the wall? Will I see him at school? Does he have a girlfriend?

I hope to see Shane coming out with our plates, but I'm disappointed and see an older woman that has similar features to him.

"Hey, you're Clarissa's new daughter, right? I'm Shane's mum, Mae, otherwise the owner of the Carlton café. My son told me what happened and I just wanna say I'm so sorry! He never pays attention to things sometimes! Haha," she laughs and I faintly smile.

New. Of course, I knew she would say new. 

"Oh no, it's my fault I was just staring at the beautiful family portraits on the wall," I say and gesture at the walls.

"Honey, stop putting this on yourself. How about next time you come in, remind Shane to make you a meal half off. You'll just have to remind him when you come in. Is that okay?" she asks and I nod. She smiles and walks away.

After we get home, I immediately run up the stairs and go to sleep, anticipating to see him again.

Authors note:
Sorry, this chapter is short. I feel so accomplished right now because I have already written 2 chapters! I will update soon. Idk when it would be published. It could be from an hour from now or to a few days. Tell me what you think by commenting in the comments section and pls vote if you liked it!