Chapter 10:Double Agent

Ell's POV

I didn't know what happened. All I know is Louis started acting weird. I was scared, hoping it wasn't because of what I said. Lounging on the couch, worrying, I got a call. Ashley Sumpters. Super rich friend of mine, she thought I wasn't working at all, didn't know I was a dancer. Not wanting to, I answered. "Hey, Ash!"

"Hey Elle-Boo! Don't forget, me, you, and the girls have a SHOPPING DATE!!!!" She squealed. All that girl is is nose jobs and lace dresses. I had forgotten. Wanting to declined, but knowing I couldn't, I replied.

"How could I forget?! I redid my eyebrows this morning(not a lie), so it should take me a bit to get ready. " My eyebrows look really good now. "What time shall I send Bonzo to expect you?" At the mention of his name, the silent butler entered the private parlor.

"Oh, two hours. And wear lace, like always!" With that, she hung up. I turned to the butler. "Please alert me if anyone calls for me. IF it is Ashley, at all cost I must know immediately. " With that, I headed upstairs.

I flicked through the Michael Kors section of my closet. He's my favorite designer. Not finding what I wanted, I looked behind me. Finding a Free People lace dress, I pulled it on and some blue Steve Madden Raela pumps. I threw on the cute outfit and grabbed a quilted shoulder bag. The outfit wasn't close to my personality, but Ashley and Evie would be jealous. That's what I always aimed for.

I dropped the curling iron as someone knocked on the door. Cursing I opened the door and grabbed the hot iron. Bonzo was standing at the door. I checked the time. I had forty minutes left. Continuing my curling, I noticed the look on his face. It mustn't have been Ash waiting. "Yes?" I asked.

"Sir Louis Tomlinson is expecting you in the parlor." With that, Bonzo disappeared. I finished the last strands and checked my early morning makeup before heading down.

My heels clicked on the on the marble floor as I approached the door to the massive parlor. Nervously, with butterflies in my stomach, I opened the door. The silver walls were covered with pictures of foreign countries Grandma and I had visited, never together. A piano and a saxophone stood in the far corner, and a loveseat in the opposing one. Louis, in a Marvel sweatshirt that was rolled up to his elbows, yet still looking amazing, stood in the center of the room, looking a t a picture of Venice I had taken last year. He looked at me when the door opened, and walked over to me. He smiled at me.  "You look beautiful." I smiled at him.

"And you look handsome as always."  He smiled at me again, making my heart flutter even more. The butterflies had yet to die down. I glanced at a clock. "What was yesterday about? You seemed distressed." In the last sentence, a British accent slipped in, as it usually does when I'm nervous.

"Something with the boys. Nothing too major. Speaking of, they don't know about us." I giggled at the lyric. We were facing eachother, standing really close . " I would like to introduce them to you. As mine." I sighed, biting my cheek. "Would you like that?"

"That sounds fun. They're nice lads." He wrapped his arms around me in a hug of gratitude. "When?"

"Now."

"I can't. I've planned something for so long. My friends would hate me if I cancelled. How about tonight? Grand-mere will be gone and we can all have dinner here." He laughed, a beautiful noise. Right hen, I decided he reminded me of an angel.  I smiled, planning it all in my head. " We can meet in the parlor, then bring them to the dining room. A five-course meal, with people serving us. The attire can be formal. Oh, it'd be amazing." Louis laughed again.

"That would be amazing. I'll tell the lads-" Bonzo opened the door. I turned to face the butler.

"Speak."

"I sincerely apologize, ma'am, but you gave me specific instructions. Ashley Sumpters is expecting you in the main entrance." I nodded and dismissed him, then turned to Louis.

"Wow, a butler." He pecked me on the lips. "Text me the details later. "

"You haven't told me you're seeing someone! He's very attractive. Rawr." She was wearing a Jaguar Print Croptop, Michael Kors of course, and a matching skirt. The outfit was complete with Ginny Glitter-Trimmed Suede Platform pumps and a white clutch. Her blonde hair looked gorgeous. I smiled.

"We recently started seeing each other. Shall we head out?" I give her the biggest smile I can muster, and loop my arms in hers.

"He's hot." Ashley said as a tall, dark brunette walked past. She made sure he heard that seemingly innocent comment, and casually glanced back. From the way she slid out of my arm and told us to go on, the guy had look at her and smiled. I led Evie and Lauren to a shop. As "Story of My Life" came on. the two scoofed.

"This song is overrated." Lauren said.

My phone vibrated. I looked down to see Louis' name. I smiled and walked to a back corner where they had distressed skinnies. Answering the call, I flipped through the rack.
"Hey babe!"
"Hey! I'm really bored. The boys love the idea, and are willing to come over tonight."I smiled as I found some super cute jeans in my size.
"Sounds wonderful. Ooh, these are cute. How about, er, first course at seven. You guys can come at 6:45."
"Um, sounds good, Ell." Hen I took a deep breath.
"Are you worried we might be taking things too fast?" I asked. I saw Evie and Lauren coming towards me. It took a full thirty seconds for Lou to answer.
"I'm not sure. After tonight, let's work on getting to know each other more. How does that sound?" I smiled at the girls, relieved at his answer.
"That sounds fine, Louis." I heard him let out a sigh of relief. "Bye."

I glanced in the mirror. I hated my face. The freckles. The pale-as-heck skin. The almost-red-but-not-quite hair. I took out my eyeliner and eye shadow and gave myself a smokey eye. Then I applied Rebel lipstick. Then I applied foundation and some light blush.  "Better." I said to my reflection. I walked to the huge closet and