Chapter III

"Happy birthday Emmy!" I hear as a 3 year old crawls onto my bed and gives me a huge hug. My nephew is the cutest thing ever. I smile and give him a big kiss. He had the bluest eyes and gold curls that bounced when he ran around.
"Thank you Bentley!" I picked him up and walked down stairs to the kitchen where my family was waiting with homemade cinnamon rolls, a family tradition. I smiled wide and was embraced in a huge hug.
After I ate my cinnamon rolls, I went upstairs and jumped in the shower, but not before I played my favorite playlist full of showtunes from my favorite musicals. I tried holding back my excitement. I was going to be reunited with Cameron today! Belting in the shower was a regular for me.

" Let’s be normal, see bad movies

Sneak a beer and watch tv

We’ll bake brownies or go bowling

Don’t you want a life with me?

Can we be seventeen?

That’s all I want to do

If you could let me in

I could be good with you"

I checked my phone and I had a couple of messages. 2 from Ashton, 1 from Byron and some Twitter notifications.

Ashton: Happy Birthday best friend! I love you and I hope you don't replace me with Cameron
Ashton: Please.. I'm serious

I picked up the phone and called her to settle the details for the event.

Bryon: Good morning gorgeous. I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

I smiled and walked to my closet to pick out an outside for tonight. I picked my favorite off white shirt and a flannel button up over it. I slide on a pair of black skinny jeans and my black vans. I turned the curling iron and braided my hair and began pulling hair here and there till it was perfectly messy. I then curled the loose strands. My makeup was the last thing and I took my time trying to perfect my winged eyeliner.
"You ready hot stuff?" Ashton said and she came through my bedroom door. She sat on my bed and went through my phone.
"Yea but remind me why we have to go 4 hours early?" I said slightly annoying.
"Ugh because we have tickets that let us in an hour early, it takes an hour to get there and I'm hungry. I smiled and shook my head. I put my makeup bag in my purse and snatched my phone from Ashton, tossed it in my purse and grabbed my wallet. We walked down the stairs and headed to my car.
"This is it.. I'm going to meet Cameron!" My phone began ringing and I dug through my bag to find it. The screen was shining Byron's name. I pressed the green button and lifted the phone to my ear. "Hey babe!" We proceeded to talking and my excitement was quickly switched off.
Ashton noticed and said "What.. What's wrong?"
"Bryon just dumped me." I drop my phone in my lap and place my head on the steering wheel. "On my birthday." This couldn't be happening.
"Don't let him ruin your day! You're so much better than him." Ashton began to rant but I put my hand up signaling her to stop.
"I know. We were only together a month. No big deal." I smiled and began driving to the venue. The entire time I couldn't help but wonder what I did to make him want to leave. Am I boring? Do I have bad morning breath? Maybe I don't text back fast enough.
"Emma!" Ashton said. I looked at her and shook out of my head.
"Sorry. I was just thinking about, well you know." I parked the car and we walked to a near by Chipotle.

An hour and half before the general admission entered, we got in line. All the people in line were on their phone, probably tweeting the guys. The line eventually moved and we began entering an hour before everyone else and we were led to the Meet and Greet line.

*****

"Hey wait!" he yelled weaving in and out of girls. "Wait! Put her down!" He was out of breath and had his hands on his knees. The security guard put me down.
"I got orders from the boss to throw her out." I stood there fixing my hair and clothes. I crossed my arms across my chest.

"How rude." I said. Cameron looked at me and smiled.

"Well tell the boss that I want her here. You can't have her." I looked at him and smiled. He took me by my hand to a room somewhere behind the stage. As I passed the girl that was shoving me, I stuck my tongue out at her and her snooty little friends.