Chapter II

Ashton and I got in my car and headed to the mall. I drove and Ashton was on her phone per usual.
"Hey Em, do you know what Magcon is?" she asked me. I raised an eyebrow and cocked my head

"How don't I? You talk about it all the time! Why do you ask?" she smiled and nodded her head.

"So if we had tickets, would you go?" I bit my bottom lip and pondered.

"Hmm I don't see why not. Sure!" I pulled in the parking lot and found a great parking spot up front. "
Well happy early birthday! I did some research and your old best friend is part of it and I've two tickets! We get to meet them!" She smiled wide and looked over at me.
"Wait what?! Are you serious?! Cameron is famous? I get to meet up with him again?" A million questions were going through my head and Ashton seemed to read my mind because she was answering every single one of them. We sat in the car and fangirled about meeting my childhood best friend until my phone rang.

"Hey Emma! Where are you guys at?" I dropped my phone in my lap and felt my heart race. It was Bryon. This was the first time I'd talked to him on the phone. Ashton picked it up and put it on speaker. "Talk!" she mouthed.
"Um we are about to walk in. Meet us in front of Starbucks?" I said, acting calm. Byron agreed and I hung up. "Thank you so much.. you have no idea how badly I want to see Cam again." Ashton and I got out of the car and walked towards the Starbucks then stood in line.
"Have you tried contacting him at all? Yanno through Twitter or whatever?" Ashton said breaking the silence.
"No I figured he wouldn't bother giving me the time of day." I said before the boys came in and found us. Byron sat next to me and Isaac next to Ash. We delegated over where to grab lunch and we finally settled on Chick-Fil-A. We all walked over and Byron insisted on paying for me and eventually he wore me down. When we finished our lunch, Ashton and Isaac disappear leaving me alone with Byron.
"What are you doing for your birthday?" He asked me. I didn't think that he actually cared or knew when my birthday was.
"Ashton and I are going to meet my childhood best friend." I said with a big smile.
"Meet? What, I'm confused" I giggled and processed to tell him the story of Cameron and I. He had this look of worry on his face. "You're not like in love with him, or anything.. are you?" He asked me.
"I haven't seen the guy in 10 years. I doubt love is something I feel for the guy. I mean I love him but not like that. Why do you ask?" I said looking over at him. Byron was looking at the ground and was messing with his fingers.
"Well because.. um.. I hope this doesn't change anything between us. I have had a crush on you since Freshman year."
I began laughing hysterically not because I thought it was funny but because I couldn't believe it. "I knew I shouldn't have told you." Byron got up and started walking away until I grabbed his arm.
"I'm not laughing because I think it's funny, I'm laughing because I've liked you since Freshman year too."
The next thing I know, Byron has his hands on my hips and he's pressing his soft, tender lips on mine. And it just so happened that Ash and Isaac were there watching.