CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Start from the beginning

“Zero focus.” Link said and I blink as I saw the dead human fall in front of me. Link eyes went to where I had been staring to where Ban was fighting. “You don’t have to worry.” Link told me and frowned how could I not worry right now. “Lord Ban is the most powerful demon I know. That bitch can’t kill him.”

“I hope your right Link.” I said laying my hand over my heart. Trying to shake this feeling that something awful was about to happen.

“Worrying isn’t going to change anything.” Blake said. “Ban is more than able to handle himself. Right now we need to get to Soji before the psychotic God kills him and bring heaven to earth.”

“Yeah,” I agreed shaking my head. “Head in the game guys Soji needs us.” I said as we started to make our way to the top again. The closer we got to the summit the more concentrated here. Pushing and slashing through was like a work out. I could still see the bright light up ahead. The closer we got to it the more intense it was becoming. Making the final push through we reach the top. I could see Able on the ground his body was still as he laid there. Blood pooled out around him.

I saw Ayase on the ground as well rushing over to her I grabbed her holding her head in my hand. She blinked a few time looking up at me dully. My eyes scanned her until I saw the hole in her stomach. Pressing my hand against the wound she grabbed my wrist.

“So...Soj...Soji...” she hardly got out. “Hel....help...” she licked at her licks trying to make me understand trying to get her point across. I nodded my head.

“Help Soji. Of course.” I said and she gave a sad smile nodding her head.

“Fa...Fang....so...ssso....sorry...” She breathed out going limp in my arms. I held her for a moment more before gently laying her down again.

“Where is Soji?” I asked looking around the small round platform we were standing on. There was a weird symbol on the ground I with groves in it where blood could filter down into it. I knew that symbol had everything to do with the summoning. It was important that not even a drop of Soji’s blood fell onto it. No, not just Soji. It needed the blood of a God. Looking around there was still no sign of Soji or Wati.  “WHERE IS SOJI!” I yelled and then looked above to see something falling from the sky. “SOJI!” I yelled my wings snapping out as I rushed upward grabbing him.

I saw Wati coming towards us so I cradle Soji in my arms protecting him as Wati reached us. He wrapped his fingers around my throat and with Soji I couldn’t fight him off. I could feel his fingers tightening everything started to go black as he was strangling the life out of me. The air was whistled around me then there was pain. I could head something cracking around me but the pain was so sharp the noise meant nothing.

Maybe someone was calling my name. Maybe It was my mother. Yes I was sure that I heard my mother voice. How could not remember his mother’s voice. My eyes were opened and I was looking at something. Hair, blond hair, Soji’s hair.

“Zero,” Blake voice came through and I jumped up only to catch a boot to the face. Falling down again Wati was over top of me his hand at my throat again his fist cocked back as he punched me in the face. Again and again I could only watch as his fist came down on me. “Get off of him.” Blake yelled leaping for Wati. I felt the hold on me loosen before he was attacking Blake.

Coughing up blood I turned on my side trying to regain my wits. Looking over I saw Soji laying on the ground. Moving to him on my hands and knees I pulled on his shirt rolling him over to his back so that I could get a good look at him. He face was swollen but I could see the slight rise and falls of his chest.

“Soji,” I said and his eyes opened.

“Zero...” he said tears slipping from his eyes. “We couldn’t...he’s too strong.”