Chapter 18

Edited

The months pass so slowly that it feels like years, over the past few months I have discovered more of my powers, I can control and create fire, I can manipulate the weather, I can create a shield of fire around myself and eventually others.

I am the size of a house, and today Andrea and Costin get to find out what the sex of their babies are, that's right they found out that it is twins. I am excited for them, I have another 2 months left until they will be born.

Werewolf pregnancies are not usually this long but because I am a surrogate it is taking longer for the babies to develope. Benji and Jake have been a great help, they get me anything I need and Beth, she is my emotional cushion, she understands all that I am going through but her's was a lot worse because it was her mates baby and it was a shorter period of time but she has done everything she can to make things easier for me.

I barely leave my room these days because it is difficult to move plus people talk and stare and it makes me uncomfortable the only time I leave is when I have to go to appointments.

Beth and I are making our way to the hospital for the check up, Andrea and Costin are already there.

We walk in and get taken straight to the ultrasound room, I lay on the bed and the doc puts some of that gel stuff on my stomach and man is it cold.

I already know that they are going to be girls but for Andrea and Costin this will be a shock.

"Well, Alpha, Luna, you are having two girls." Doctor Anderson tells them.

They both smile happily and begin talking baby names but I ignore them and talk to Doctor Anderson.

"How much longer until they are born doc?" I whisper asked.

"I think you already know that Rose just like you knew that they were going to be twin girls." He whispered back.

"Two months until they come, it will give them enough time to come up with names plus it will give me time to pull myself together so that I can help them in the first few hours that they are born, that is the crucial time." I told him.

He nodded and then bid us all good bye, Beth and I went back to our room only to find Luca waiting for us.

"Hey Luca, what can I do for you?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry Rose I do not mean to intrude but I wanted to thank you." He said.

"Thank me? For what?" I asked.

"For helping me find my mate, that night at the club when you guys left I was sat drinking and I smelt him but he had already seen me and was standing behind me he had seen all of what happened and came over to talk and well I am happy to say that we are a fully mated pair." He said smiling.

"Well I am extremely happy for you Luca, I wish you both a life of happiness and maybe a child or two..." I smiled.

He hugged me gently, as best he could considering the massive mountin protruding from my stomach.

He left and I had a sleep, all of this being a surrogate was taking a toll on my body, I slept most of the time and when I wasn't sleeping I was eating.

Sky, we need to start pooling some of our strength into them else their not going to survive the birthing. I told my wolf. I know Rose, we will start today just make sure that you only get up from this bed to go to the toilet. She told me. I knew that meant any appointments I had left were going to have to be done here.

Hey doc, as of now any appointments are going to have to be done in my room, my wolf and I are starting to channel our strength into the babies and it is going to take a lot out of us. I told the doc. I understand Rose, I will tell Andrea and Costin. He told me.

"Beth, as of now I am not to leave this bed apart from shower and toilet, the doc knows. As of now Sky and I are channeling our strength into the twins to make sure they live. Make sure Benji and Jake know, also I am going to need more food and more sleep." I told her.

She nodded and mind linked Benji who told her that he and Jake were bringing some food up now. At the mention of food the twins began to kick my stomach.

Benji and Jake came in with my favourites and helped me sit up so I could eat. I ate all of the food and sat reading my book that I brought with me. But I only managed to read 2 pages before I fell asleep.

Two months went by fast, I could not believe that today I would finally get too meet Marc and Mike's mates. I was so excited.

"Okay Rose, I need you to start pushing now." Doc told me.

I pushed with all my might and finally the first baby is here, there isn't time for me to relax though because the second one is coming, again I push with everything I have and both babies are born and are crying.

The nurse puts both babies on me, one in each arm, Andrea and Costin come in to meet their daughter's they both have tears streaming down their faces.

"Thank you, so so much." Costin choked out.

I nodded my head because I didn't have the energy to speak, I needed to rest, and so do the twins. They have both fallen asleep in my arms and I am not far behind them, when I wake up the doc is checking the babies over.

"They are both very strong and healthy, they are able to go home with their parents today." He tells me.

"That is good, what about me doc, when will I be able to go home, I have been away from my mate for over a year and I can feel his pain." I tell him.

"Soon very soon, I need you to stay here another day just to be sure and then tomorrow you and your friends can go." He smiled and left.

Andrea and Costin came to get the girls to take them home I found out that their names were Cara Elizabeth and Chloe Taylor, such beautiful names for two very beautiful girls. Benji, Jake and Beth came to see me and we all went back to the pack house where Beth cooked us spaghetti bolognaise and garlic bread.

"The doc says we can go tomorrow, I just need to stay for 24 hours to ensure that both me and the babies are okay." I tell them.

"Ok." They all say.

"I suggest that when you go back to your rooms you pack and get some rest, I will warn you that when we get back on our territory the guards will see us as a threat especially because Jake is with us, he may have your scent on him Benj but he is from another pack so we better be prepared to fight." I tell them seriously.

"Yes Luna." They reply.

We all went to our rooms and packed our stuff and went to sleep.

The photo above is how I imagined Andrea to look