Captive (Parent AU)

"Hey, Carm, I'm home," said a very tired Laura as she walked in the house. Instead of her vampiric wife greeting her, however, it was Carmilla and Laura's two children at the door, both with mischievous smirks on their faces "Hello, Sadie and Jack," She grinned, kneeling and embracing her kids. "Where is Mom?" She inquired, although she had a feeling that the kids were up to something. "We are holding her captive!" Squealed five year old Jack. "Shush, Jack!" Seven year old Sadie groaned. "Oh, are you now?" Laura smirked. "Well, I just suppose I must free her!" "Wait, no! You need to give us, uh, random!" Jack responded. "Do you mean ransom?" Laura asked her little boy, who nodded in response. "I'll get you two some chocolate tomorrow," Laura offered. Sadie and Jack looked at each other and grinned. "Ok! Sounds like a plan," Sadie decided.

"Kids, can I get up now?" Carmilla called from the family room. "No, Mommy needs to free you!" The kids called back. Laura walked down the hall to see Carmilla "tied up" with shoelaces in a chair with whipped cream all over her face and hair. "My fair maiden, I have come to free you!" Laura yelled dramatically. She untied the laces and "freed" her. "Thank you, my hero," Carmilla replied, kissing the smaller woman on the lips. "Now, the evil captors must be punished," Laura said to Carmilla, winking at her. "Oh yes, they do." She responded. They then turned the kids and proceeded to tickle them.

After a few minutes, the four of them were giggling on the floor. They laid there in silence for a couple moments, until Jack's voice broke it. "Uh, Mom? You still have whipped cream in your hair and on your face," he piped, lisping slightly. Sadie giggled, and Laura kissed her sticky vampire on the cheek.