Chapter 23

A/N: The picture is one of the styles and two of the items being sold at the boutique I told you about. I've already bought a few of their things myself and am absolutely in love! 

I don't know if any of you checked out the boutique, but anyways, here is the next chapter. Hope you enjoy!

~~~

CHAPTER 23

After only an hour of him coming into the world, everyone was absolutely in love with Jude and how adorable he was. My parents were absolutely obsessed with him, excited at the chance to spoil another child and my brother, though I knew he would never admit it, was already wrapped around his tiny little finger.

I was utterly exhausted as I watched him get passed around from one person to another until visiting time was over and Cade ushered everybody out saying that I needed to get some rest. I've never been more thankful for him than in that moment. Sometimes he just knew exactly what I needed without having to ask.

Cade came back a few minutes later, Jude in his arms, and sat down beside me making silly faces at Jude as he did so.

"I know I'm probably biased since I'm his mother and all, but I honestly think he is the cutest baby I've ever laid my eyes on." I murmur to Cade as I run my finger across Jude's bottom lip causing him to giggle.

"Well I'm completely unbiased when I say that he truly is. But maybe I'm just biased because I'm in love with his mother..." He turns and smiles down at me.

"Cade..." I begin, not knowing exactly what to say.

"Scarlett, stop. It's okay. You don't need to say anything, honestly I don't expect you to. I'm just tired of hiding how I feel about you and now that the curse is broken I don't need to."

"Okay. I just want you to know that I appreciate you. Especially after everything that has happened lately. From the war, to Kaiden, to Jude. Just everything."

"I know... and I'm okay with it being that way. I know it hasn't been easy for you and I just want to make it as easy as it can be for you." He murmurs and looks away, his cheeks flushed. In embarrassment? He turns back to me and bends—being careful of Jude in his arms—and presses a soft kiss to my forehead. "Get some rest. You deserve it. I'll settle Jude down." He moves and settles himself in the chair adjacent the wall and pats Jude on his bottom softly.

Turning on my side I watch Cade as he acts so gently with Jude and smile softly. This man kept changing every bad thought I'd ever had of him into this kind and compassionate man who was completely enamoured with a half day old baby.

I was in love in this man once again. Though I don't think I ever fell out of love with him. Not really.

And with that I drift of dreamily, a small smile touching my lips.

***

I wake to a baby's cry and Cade trying—but failing—to calm him down. "Shhh, please. Let your mumma sleep a little longer. Jude, please be quiet. Please."

I begin to laugh, my voice hoarse from sleep. "Don't worry. I'm already awake. He probably just wants to be fed."

"Okay, feed him then." He says, handing a now screaming Jude over to my awaiting arms.

I raise my brow. Clearly he is unaware at the fact that feeding Jude means my boobs are coming out and I seriously do not want to give Cade a show.

"Oh." Cade suddenly straightens. "Yeah, I'll leave you to that. I'll go check when you're good to go."

I laugh again as he turns an al but runs out the door. The nurse had shown me how to breast feed the other night so I got straight to it. Pulling my sleeve off my shoulder I start feeding Jude who had stopped screaming as soon as I undid my top.