one

A/N: Hellooooo! This is the newly rewritten version of Beauty and the Physicist. I've decided to change up the plot a little bit and the roles several characters since the character load in each chapter was a bit much. But I really hope you enjoy this new version! I'll be planning to update at least once every two days, so expect a lot of new chapters every week!

You never really know exactly who you fall for. It's just inevitability. There's always a series of events that leads up to the perfect two just meeting, whether it be at a coffee shop, or a street on a rainy day, maybe even at a wedding. You never have any idea who it is until you meet them. Sometimes you never have an idea until there's a moment when you realize the spark that was there all along.

That was exactly how Andrew and Charlie came together. They never truly realized it for a while, but when they did, all the pieces came together.

This, my friends, is the story of the Beauty and the Physicist.

----------

"Another all nighter? Dash, your sleeping schedule is really unhealthy. You have to get at least-"

Lifting her head up from her arms, blue eyes narrowed at the browns ones that were staring at her with concern. Brows furrow, and she says, "Twi, have you ever thought that I don't really care? All that matters right now is that I don't totally blow all my classes. I gotta keep my grades up to at least a C, and if I don't, I'm kicked off the soccer team."

The brunette sighed, an expression of annoyance on her pale face as she shook her head, looking back at her friend with disapproval. "If you didn't procrastinate as much, maybe you wouldn't be in this mess."

"I didn't ask you," spat Charlie, burying her head back into her hoodie clad arms. "I'm sorry, but whenever I try not pushing homework off, it doesn't work. It's like the gods of procrastination are doing this on purpose."

"If they existed of course," Tori pointed out casually as she continued her reading. Turning the page, she continued, "It's not that hard, you know. You just have to push through and-"

"I didn't ask for a pep talk, you egghead. I just want some silence so I can sleep, okay? I got a solid hour and a half. And that sucks ass."

"Language."

"Ugh," she whined loudly, her sweater muffling her words. "Language can suck it. I hate everything. I hate school, I hate homework, I hate everyone here. Except you, since you're my best friend and shit."

Tori frowned, glancing up from her novel with pursed lips. "Hey, what did I say about-" Before she could finish, she was interrupted with a snore from Charlie, which brought her to roll her eyes. "Good night to you too, Dash," she mutters, eyes flickering back to the words on the page.

----------

Concentration. Precise movements and twists and turns. Careful hands. He needed this to work. This needed all his attention, and that's exactly what he gave it.

His replacing his phone screen himself required a lot of effort, and he was actually getting quite stressed as he turned the screws and messed around with the glass.

Andrew could just feel the beads of sweat forming on his head, which he was tempted to swipe away with his sleeve.

But he couldn't, of course, since his hands were preoccupied with his phone. "Bloody hell," he muttered to himself as his fingers nearly lost grip of the screwdriver. "Almost there....."

"HEY DREW DREW," came the loud shout of his friend, Penelope, which of course led to him dropping the screwdriver and his phone.

"Don't scare me like that," he scolded, a heart on his chest as he turned his head to view the curly haired blonde next to him. "Honestly, give me some warning before you start screaming in my ears, thanks."

Penelope giggled, paying no mind to his annoyance as she rocked back and forth on her feet, hands behind her back. "Sorry Doccy! I didn't mean to scare ya. I just wanted to drop by and say hello to one of my favoritest, bestest friends!"

"Well now you said hello. So thank you for you that. Can I get back to my work now?"

"Aw, Doccy, don't be like that. I am your best friend after all, so I deserve a better hello! So try again."

"Fine," he said, aggravated. "Hello my dear best friend. It was lovely seeing you. Thank you for ruining my progress with fixing my phone. Now go away."

"That's much better!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands together as a bright smile graced upon her features, baby blue eyes twinkling. "Now, how was your day? Was it super duper fun? Did you make any new friends? Did you see any pretty girls you might like?" she said, eyes squinted as she poked him.

A light blush dusted the male's cheeks, and he shook his head frantically? "Pretty girls? Goodness no. I have a very specific taste, Pinkie."

"Ah, not really," she said, tapping her chin in thought as she began listing qualities he found attractive. "You like a girl who you can take on your little adventures. And that's it!"

"Tsk tsk, that's all you think I like? I thought we were friends. Obviously, I like a girl who can put me back in my place when I act irrationally, a girl who isn't afraid to speak her mind, and-"

"There's tons of girls like that here! I can maybe introduce you! Oooooh, how about a blind date? I can maybe set you up. That sounds super fun, I love making people fall in love," Penelope rambled to herself, a dreamy smile on her face as she imagined setting Andrew up with the perfect girl.

Laughing nervously, he replied, "That's not such a good idea. I don't really get on too well with someone when I'm forced into situations like that. I want it to just... Happen, you know? I don't exactly want to tell my kids that I met their mother on a forced date."

Giggling, Penelope leaned over, whispering, "Awww, you got a romantic side."

"Shut up," he said, scooting away and directing his gaze elsewhere. "Just don't tell anyone. That'd be embarrassing."

"Cross my heart and hope to fly," she responded with a smile, her voice back to normal. "Your wife will find out soon enough though."

"Stop it. Honestly, you're like the annoying little sister I never had."

"And you're the cranky, grouchy, sciencey big brother I never had!" Penelope now proceeded to squeeze Andrew to death with a hug. "Now... How much will you pay me to not tell your lady friend about this conversation?"

"Oh my god."