Chapter One: Remembering (REWRITTEN)

---FLASHBACKS---

Ever since I was thirteen, I have been told that I was mentally insane. Even my own parents were scared of my behavior and threatened to send me to a mental institution.

What they didn't understand was, I could see and communicate with the dead. Deep inside of me, I knew that none of my family or any of my closest friends would ever understand or believe me.

I would have to deal with this new and frightening experience all on my own.

I can still remember my trip to Michigan with my mom and dad. We were there for my cousin's wedding. I was eighteen, my experience with the paranormal was getting better and stronger. It was like they knew that I could see and speak with them now.

My cousin was having her wedding at the park. I remember what had to be the most scary and embarrassing moment of my life, telling a complete stranger that a spirit was following him.

She needed help, she followed me once she knew that I could see her. She forced me to sneak away from the wedding to find the man that she followed, a man named Zak.

***YES, I MEAN ZAK FROM GHOST ADVENTURES. BUT RIGHT NOW HE ISN'T IN GHOST ADVENTURES. THIS IS WHEN HE DIDN'T BELIEVE IN THE PARANORMAL. ^__^ ***

Whenever I finally found him, I started getting very nervous. Something was telling me that he wouldn't believe me, he looked like the type that wouldn't believe a word that I was saying, but I still had to try to help this woman.

My heart started to race as I slowly started walking towards him.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you. Can I just speak to you for a minute?" I asked, approaching him.

He nodded, and then I sat down beside him.

"I know that we don't know each other. This is going to be kind of awkward for me to tell you, and I know that it's going to be hard for you to believe, so I'm just going to come out and say it. You are being followed by the spirit of a woman named Anna. She needs your help, she's still very suicidal."

Zak looked at me as if he was speaking to a complete lunatic.

He laughed. "Yeah, right. Okay." his voice was sarcastic.

"It's the truth. I can see and talk to spirits, please you have to believe me. She wanted you to know all of this for some reason. She lives with you in your apartment building, room 23."

I knew that he was somewhat shocked and maybe a little impressed that I knew so much information, but I could also still see the disbelief in his eyes.

"You still don't believe me, do you?" I asked.

He laughed at me again. "There's no such things as ghosts. But you know, if you wanted to date me all you had to do was just ask. You didn't have to make up a story just to come over and talk to me, sweetie."

This didn't go as I planned... Not at all. Now he thought that I wanted to date him, which wasn't my intentions at all. I just wanted to help this helpless woman. She was desperate, sad, and most likely confused about everything.

I glared at him.

"No, I'm being serious Zak! There really is a spirit of a woman that needs your help. Please, I just want you to believe me." I said with desperation in my voice.

When he heard his name come out of my mouth, he froze. Not once did we ever exchange names. Before he could speak to ask questions, I beat him to it.

"I guess you're wondering how I knew your name, am I right?" I asked, smiling.

"There's no such things as ghosts. You knowing my name well, that's just a coincidence."

"Yes, there is. Can't you feel her presence?! She's standing right behind you!" I yelled.

Zak stood up quickly, as if I had stunned him. "That's enough! I think you're a little crazy. Just leave me alone, okay."

After that he walked away, Anna following close behind him.

Before she was gone, I stared at Anna. "I'm sorry." I muttered.

She still had that sad look on her face. In a weird way, I felt my heart break. I wanted more than anything to help her find peace and closure.

I found my way back to the park. I was thankful and relieved to know that my parents hadn't known that I was missing. In fact, I was just in time to watch the wedding.

Never seeing Anna or Zak ever again.