When It Happened

Zayn was on his forth, maybe fifth drink by the time Harry had showed up. He laughed at Zayn's slouched position and pushed him back up before he took a seat next to him, a greeting following.

"Rough day, mate?" Harry asked and Zayn glared, Harry was always cracking jokes and Zayn kind of hated it.

"It's just, just all these married couples." He slurred, clumsily motioning around the room.

Harry grumbled, having had noticed but only just now acknowledging it. He grabbed Zayn and himself another drink from the waitress who walked passed, thanking her before he downed it in one swallow.

"I know I'm still a tad bit young, I shouldn't stress so much about marriage but fuck, I'm never going to get married!" Zayn grumbled, his fist slamming on the table with little to no force due to his intoxication.

"You'll get married one day, mate. You're an amazing guy, any girl would be lucky to have you." Harry told him, downing the drink Zayn has yet to acknowledge.

"I appreciate that, but guy. I'll definitely be with a guy." Zayn said and Harry smiled, his words sending chills up Harry's back.

"I think I'll end up with a guy who's really hot but an absolute ass." He said and Zayn did this thing with his face that had Harry in a fit of giggles.

Zayn was absolutely over the moon to hear the man laughing the way he was. Harry was an incredibly breathtaking sight with his face scrunched up and his head thrown back, his eyes squeezed shut. He was beautiful and it killed Zayn to not be able to just say it.

"You're face," Harry laughed, still breathless and still so so breathtaking, "that was such a funny face, Zee."

Zayn groaned, he actually groaned because Harry was the cutest thing and he just made things ten time worse by giving the dark hair man a nickname. It was simple but perfect because Harry made it, for him. It was just for him.

"I want an explanation as to why your face was so distraught." Harry said, still laughing. Only his laugh was a lot quieter, a lot softer but still so breathtaking.

"I was just confused as to why you would make an assumption like that." Zayn said, referring to Harry's comment about marrying an ass.

"I don't know, Zee. I just attract them, I'm an ass magnet and unfortunately, not in a good way. I just got dumped days ago, through a text and he never even explained why." He said and he was still laughing but this time it was a nervous chuckle, one that seemed to be covering something up.

Zayn wanted to hug him, wrap him up in his arms and make a promise to never hurt him but that was unrealistic. Harry would never go for someone like Zayn, so Zayn couldn't possibly go for Harry.

"I think one day, you'll find a guy who is hot and knows how to treat you right." Zayn told him and Harry smiled, wishing Zayn would realize that he is that guy and Harry so badly wanted him to be that guy.

"I'll be single for the rest of my life. I'll be old and bitter, out trying to speed date." Harry joked and Zayn laughed because fuck Harry was beautiful and it was kinda unbelievable.

"I don't think I'll ever find the right one to be married to." Zayn said and Harry nodded his head in agreement, thinking about marriage and so much more.

"If neither of us are married in ten years, we should just marry each other." Zayn blurted and the smile that came across Harry's face made his heart swell.

"I'll probably be a desperate idiot and marry a man I don't really love but it sounds like a plan." Harry replied and Zayn just wanted to tell him. Tell him that he didn't have to settle for less. That he was incredibly beautiful and he deserved the world and that he,Zayn was willing to give it to him.

"Ten years from now?" Zayn asked and he made a mental note to mark July, 2005 in every single calendar he has or ever will have. Today was July of 2005 and Zayn just wanted it to be July of 2015 so he could see Harry again and make him his.

"Ten years from now." Harry said and if he wished for a time machine so he could skip time, well that's only his business.

"Shall we get plastered?" Zayn asked, using his hand to call the waitress over.

"We shall." Harry said, thanking the waitress for his drink.

They spent the rest of the night that way, a drink after a drink. They shared laughs, facts and secrets, stories and dreams, all amazing things that belonged to such amazing men.

And as they ended the night, drunk off their asses, all they could really think about was one another and if this deal would actually be a deal ten years from now.

( for my baby peachtwink )