"What the fuck are you staring at?" Brooke asked when I stopped talking.

I tilted my head in the direction of the stranger. He was dressed in head to toe black, a red cup in his hand. "Who is that?"

Jesse's gaze followed mine, settling on the tall guy standing several feet away. A slight chuckle came out, and I looked to him to see him shake his head. "No way."

There was a slight laughter coming from Brooke as well, and I was a bit confused.

"What?" I questioned. "You know him?"

He tilted his head slightly to the side, shrugging a bit. "Yeah, I know him."

"Of course you do," I laughed. "You know everyone."

"He's not..." Brooke trailed off, taking a sip of her drink. "Never mind."

"I can introduce you, if you want," a slight smirk formed on Jesse's face as he ignored whatever it was that Brooke was going to say.

"No I-" I began before he cut me off.

His voice raised slightly, catching the attention of the guy. "Hey, G. Come here."

He noticed Jesse, his face lighting up with a smile as he made his way over through the groups of people.

"What the fuck, Jesse?" I groaned, hitting his arm as he approached.

I was sort of enjoying the admiration from afar, and I mentally cursed myself for opening my mouth in the first place. It should have been known that Jesse would do this.

"Hey, I haven't seen you guys in awhile," he smiled, shaking Jesse's hand in the dumb way that guys do. "Brooke," he wrapped his arms around her.

"It's good to see you," she hugged him back.

He turned his attention to me. "And I don't think I know you?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm Elena," I smiled, holding out my hand.

He chuckled in response, shaking his head as he pulled me in for a hug instead. It was kind of awkward considering the major height difference between the two of us, not to mention how completely unprepared I was for the contact. "Handshakes are kind of lame. I'm G."

I couldn't help but laugh as well. Was this guy serious?

"Just G?" I asked, raising a skeptical eyebrow.

He nodded once. "Just G."

His tone was so serious I had to stop the laughter rising in my chest. This guy was weird as hell.

The four of us stood there talking for awhile; well, more they talked and I kind of stood there awkwardly and listened as I sipped on my drink.

"Jesse," Brooke spoke, taking his arm as she leaned in closer to him. "Can you come with me for a second? I need another drink."

He nodded, and they said a quick "be right back" before disappearing into the crowd. This left me alone with this random guy who I had only met maybe 30 minutes before.

"That subtlety, though," he finally broke the silence, chuckling.

I laughed, nodding. "Right?"

"So how do you know Jesse?" I asked after a few moments of more awkward silence.

"Oh," he took a sip out of his cup. "Through music stuff."

"You do music, too?"

Stupid question. Obviously he did.