Chapter XXXVII

A/N: This is the longest, and arguably the hardest, chapter I have ever written for this fic. I thought about splitting it into two separate chapters, but I figured I may as well post it all. Well, this is the end. After writing this fic for literally almost two years, I've finally finished it. I'm honestly so surprised by how much attention this has gotten in the little over a year since I started posting. Thank you again for reading, I appreciate all of you. x

(By the way, if you're still interested in reading more of my stuff, I started another fic as well if you didn't know)

The next few days were rather uninteresting at best; G spent a lot of time either at the studio or out at parties and stuff with friends, while I just stayed at his apartment by myself. I had a shoot in San Francisco, but other than that I was pretty unoccupied and bored. The only time we'd see each other really was for a few minutes in the morning before he left, and when he crawled into bed at night, drunkenly trying to have sex with me.

Although I was starting to get a little annoyed, I didn't really voice it to G, since I knew it was his job and partly my fault for never wanting to go out to parties and the like with him. It was all just starting to get tiring. Going to parties was supposed to be fun, but at that point it felt like more of a chore than anything.

"Where are you going?" I had asked him as he pulled on his shoes.

"There was that party tonight, remember?" he responded.

I sighed. "Are you seriously going to that?"

He looked at me confusedly, taking his leather jacket out of the closet. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I?"

"G, this is literally the last night we have together before you have to go back on tour and I go back to LA," I spoke. "We hardly even see each other."

"Okay?" he looked at me. "I told you that you could come."

"G," I shook my head. "I already told you I don't want to go."

"Okay, well I do," he responded, sliding his arms into the sleeves of his jacket. "If you're so worried about spending time together, then why don't you come?"

I wanted to roll my eyes back into my head. I couldn't see what he wasn't understanding. "I... I just wanted to spend time with you, G. Not at a party with everyone else, just you." There wasn't really any way of saying it without sounding like a whiny child. I hated how upset it made me, but I felt it was at least somewhat justified. The reason I came here was to be with him, and I hardly ever saw him.

"Lena," he sighed, taking my face in his hands. "I promise I won't be gone long, okay? A couple of hours. Maybe like one o'clock, tops. A few drinks and I'll be home. When I get back it'll be just me and you. I promise."

I nodded slightly as he kissed my lips before I abruptly turned away. I'd heard that before. "Yeah, whatever."

"Hey," he spoke, tilting my chin up and forcing me to look at him again. "I love you."

"I love you too," I exhaled as he moved to the door, grabbing his keys off the hook.

"I'll see you in a couple hours, okay?" he opened the door.

"Yeah," I responded, my voice barely above a whisper as he closed the door behind him.

I looked at the clock, seeing it was nearing ten. There wasn't really much to do, so I decided to turn the television on to see what I could find. After settling on some reruns of a show, I curled up on his couch. Eventually, I felt my eyelids growing heavy, and I fell asleep.