Chapter 7: "Surprise Girls"

Yo I picture Lexa as Aspyn Ovard the youtuber lol idk and it's her newly bleached hair sO yeah

The Rejects

San Diego CA

2013

Lexa

My shoes squeaked against the firmly waxed wooden floors, as I made my way down the hall and into the dressing room of the Tonight Show with Ricky Martin, but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.

Don't get me wrong, Ricky Martin was one of the biggest late night talk show hosts in the history of television, but it's just the timing of the show that really ticks me off. Its 10 o'clock here which means it's 1 in the morning where our families are, and the fact that they're either staying up late, or recording this to watch for tomorrow kinda sucked.

I tugged at my newly dyed blonde hair, something which I thought was pretty bizarre considering they just dyed it from an unnatural - natural brunette to my original hair colour, it bothered me how much us girls are put under so much pressure into all our hair and make up, when 5 Es oh ew literally roll out of bed and perform to their obvious deaf fans.

The other girls stay quiet as they're all on the couch, they take in a few bites of the food set up for us, they're scrolling mindlessly on their phones until Amber scoffs loudly.

"What?"

She shrugs putting her phone right into my face

"Look at the trendings" she says shortly after putting her phone into my hands, scrolling through world wide trends

"Hashtag-5sosfamwantstherejectsdead?" I ask blinking a couple times before I sit on the couch myself, not caring I'm sitting up on top of Jess. I click on it not really knowing what to expect as I gasp in shock looking at all these hateful tweets towards our fans and to us.

"You're called rejects for a reason because y'all are rejects of the human race"

"Y'all are just a bunch of deaf fans" she took my joke!

"THE REJECTS ARE THE WORST EXAMPLE OF IDOLS. THEY ARE STUCK UP AND RUDE."

The girls start to crowd around but before they could even, the intern interrupts,

"You're on in two" She tells us, Abby shook nervously, everyone knew Abby was never comfortable with things like these, but even if it was against 5 Es oh Es she didn't care, but Abby was fragile and we all knew that.

We were the actual first family she got. And the fans are nothing but supportive.

The live audience cheered as we all walked in one by one, shaking hands with Ricky before taking a seat onto the leather couch.

"So girls, How're you liking California?" Ricky asks, he gently stokes his beard which kinda creeps me out

"Um" Amber stammers barely getting her words out "So much sun burns" the audience laughs at her comment, but she looks back at me with her wide eyes telling me that it wasn't even meant to be funny in the first place

"So The Rejects here, are an all girl Pop-punk/rock band from Ontario Can-" suddenly a few audience members in a crowd start whistling -showing off some Canadian Pride, Ricky coughs before actually speaking again "One of today's hottest bands"

"Literally" Amber whispers quietly in my ear so I laugh at her comment -knowing its obviously true. I flip my short-ish bleach blonde hair to one side, completely zoning out from what the guy had said. Next thing I knew, the girls were looking at me with an 'Answer his question God dammit!' face. My eyes go wide completely oblivious to what he had asked.