Chapter 4: Crazed fans & Management

5 Seconds of Summer

August 2nd, 2013

Toronto, Canada

Twitter followers: 310,023

-

"So what's all this dilemma about The Rejects Huh?" The radio interviewer asked the four boys. The guys all exchanged glances amongst one another, Luke chewing on his lip nervously

"They're the ones who took the drama over to Twitter" Ashton nervously laughed into the microphone

"It was just all this big joke at first" Michael added in, the three boys not quite getting his obvious lie.

"We were just guys having fun, we were just a little excited" The interviewer from 99.9 virgin radio raised her eyebrow looking at Michael who was running his hair through his newly bleached hair

"So you think the girls are actually good?"

"I didn't say that" the words blurting out of Michaels mouth before shutting his lips

"I-I mean" he stammered on "they're great." he family smiled as the three other guys' eyes widened at his awful save

Ashton then completely changed the subject, turning the questions more on their music and not of the band they despise.

"Yeah, we're working with loads of new people, new producers, it's great." Ashton seemed to be the only one talking as the other guys didn't want to ruin anything else.

"How's One Direction on tour?" She asked "are they treating you nice eh?"

"Yeah" the four boys all nodded quickly, complimenting the boys on how chill they were

"Who's your favourite? Is it Niall?" She laughed remembering about how all his tweets were regarding the 5SOS boys.

The four boys' cheeks reddened before ashton spoke up

"He loves us a little too much"

The bell dings for a couple of songs to play on, giving everyone a little break.The guys sighed in relief as they all made their way to the food buffet grabbing some snacks.

"Look!" Luke pointed toward the little bag of chips "Ketchup chips, ew." He laughed before Michael slapping him on the forehead.

"I heard from the Canadian fam, that these are like." he paused admiring the bag of chips before opening them, taking one and putting it in his mouth "legendary."

The three other guys grabbed a bag loving the taste of the newly found favourite snack of Canada

"I'm going to name my kid Ketchup because of these, fuck" Calum mouth melted at the heavenly taste of the chip before they all headed toward the radio room.

"3, 2, 1"

"Okay, we are back with the Aussie band 5 Seconds of Summer, tweet us or call us in for your question to be answered."

"So boys, I know we touched based on this subject, but never really got down to it." Her lips pursed like any other person in need for media attention "what is really going on with you and The Rejects?"

"Caller 1 on the line"

"Hey, what's your name and question?"

"Hi I'm Jenna, and what's your favourite thing about Canada so far?"

"KETCHUP CHIPS" they all yelled loud in unison, giggles filling into the room. The interviewer read a few tweets where the boys answered slow to, hoping their time would be up avoiding any of the questions about The Rejects.