six

Charlotte

I was about to leave, my feet stopping in my tracks when I saw my stepfather wrapped in a white blanket and slouching.

"Are you okay?" i asked and he nodded.

"You're lying." i huffed and he shrugged.

"I'm not going to leave you home alone." I say and he looks at me.

"I'm not going to be home alone, I'm going to work." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"First of all you are half an hour late to work second, you are in no state to work, look at yourself." I say, pointing at him. He had bags under his eyes and he wasn't wearing a shirt, a view I very much like.

"I'm fine" he said and I dropped my book bag and sat next to him.

"I know you are sad, and maybe even very mad at Scarlett, but you have to understand that life goes on and she left. Calum she left both of us, she doesn't deserve us, you can love someone harder, someone that will love you back equally no matter what." I said and Calum's eyes started to water and he pulled me into his very familiar hugs, where he only rubs my back and cries over someone that obviously doesn't love him back.

And I've never felt so much sympathy towards him, I wanted to hold him and tell him everything was going to be okay, I wanted to kiss him and tell him that nothing mattered but us and that he didn't have to worry about anything because it's only us now.

But I know that it would never happen and that no matter what I did or say, he would never understand until he falls in love with someone that will be able to give him as much love as he has for my mother, maybe even more love.

"I hate seeing you so sad" I said pulling away, and he looked into my eyes, grabbing my cheeks with both hands and pulling his bottom lip with his teeth. The tears were still streaming down his cheeks and all I wanted was to kiss him, distract him from everything at least for just a couple seconds.

"Charlotte, I am so sorry that you are seeing me this way." He says and I nod, biting my lip.

"You know I love you" He says and I nod yes.

"I love you too" the words slipping out in the most undaughterly matter.

I didn't love him as in being in love with him. But I did love him, because I care about him, I love him like a best friend.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" he asked me and I nodded.

"Yes I would love that."

Then I put on 'the perks of being a wallflower' and throughout the whole movie I couldn't help sneak small peeks at Calum.

He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into his chest. I then drifted off to sleep, just because I wanted to know how it felt to be held by someone who loves you.

A/N: 5SOS GIVEs ME CHEST PAINS I CANT BREATH SHES KINDA HOT IS SOOOOO GOOD I CANT EVEN UGHHHH