Chap nineteen

Rarba was not there in the morning , he was not taking any chances .
He waited for fifteen minutes and when people started to come in and fill up the hall and she was still not there , he stood up ignoring the protests and the pleas of his 'friends' to wait for them .

Going down to the dungeons , he stood before the portrait of Salazar with the snake around his neck looking both ways talking to the snake he said .
[ OPEN ] In Parsltongue .
The snake moved around and the portrait swung open letting Tom enter .

Tom stood in front of the girls dormitory knowing from other guys experience that the stairs would turn into a slide for boys .
With all his magical will power he willed the stairs to stay as they are .
As he went upwards step by step he could feel the stairs straining against him .

Finally at the landing he looked around and saw that the far back beds curtains were still drawn .
Tentatively opening the curtains he saw that Rarba was there still sleeping .
The quilt was all the way to her neck and he could see under it that she was curled under the Quilt .
" Rarba ". He gently said shaking her shoulder .
She stirred but did not wake.
" Rarba ". He repeated .
This time she rolled on her back and looked upwards.
She did not look good.
Her skin was a sickly yellow rather than its beautiful snowy white her nose was a blotchy and puffy red and her eyes were also red rimmed.
" I-it's s-so cold ". She shattered.
It was true it was cold it was winter everyone had on heating charms on them from the cold at least his friends and fellow slytherins did .
" W-what time is it ". She asked sitting up with her teeth shattering .
" Almost time for classes ".
"W-what ". She said in panic moving the quilt aside and standing up .
Though the second she did she wobbled with imbalance he had to reach out a hand and steady her .
" Rarba are you sick , we should get you to the nurse".
If possible her panic heightened.
" N-no! No n-nurses , doct-tors , hos-p-pitals , p-r-riests , a-asylums no n-nothing! ". She said as she went about the room looking for her things .
She found her robe threw it on , got a hair band put her hair up in a bun , slipped her feet in black flat ballet shoes and grabbed her wand from underneath her pillow and muttered the warning charm under her breath .
" C-come on ". She said staggering towards the stairs .
He had to hurry up not to let her fall down the stairs.

_______________

In the breakfast table Tom made Rarba sit firmly next to him , meaning the Greengass girl had to move over which she did not seem happy about at all .
Rarba had one arm on the table and her head in her hand which wasn't the way she would usually sit .
Her eyes were half closed she was fighting with herself to keep them open .
" So Rarba you don't look - ".

" Shut up ". Rarba mumbled with her head still in her hand .
" But ".

" She said to shut it ". Tom curtly said to Malfoy .
The air was crispy cold even from all the candles and warming charms , Rarba was chattering with her lips becoming a blue colour .
" Are you sure , you don't want to go to the nurse ". He tried.
" N-no! I'm - F-Fine ".

_________________

They never sat next to each other but today in class they did .
Rarba had her head slumped on the table in history of magic class.
The class was as boring as ever , no one took notice of the teacher expect Tom .
Tom always was going along with the class no matter how boring it gets .
Even Rarba was like that on a normal day but not today .

When class was over Rarba was shaken awake by him .
She stood and staggered in her place , he put a hand on her shoulder to steady her.
She took a step forward and immediately went crumbling down , Tom already out of his seat ran towards her and lifted her upwards by her arm pits .
" I don't feel so good ". She mumbled as she swayed in place . Her cheeks were red and when he put his hand on her forehead to check her temperature , he found that it was burning hot .
" Come on ". He had her firmly by the shoulders as he guided her to Madam Pomfrey .
But they were stopped mid way by the infamous Charles Potter .
" What's wrong with her ". He asked with evident concern.
" Can't you see she's sick ". Tom snapped his hands still on her shoulders as she swayed in place , tipping forward at times .
She just had to tip forward now .
Potter boy immediately held out his hands and she fell against them .
One of his hands came at her back and the other went under her legs .
And just like that she was in his arms bridal style .
Her hair came out of its bun and it tumbled down behind her head .
She lay shivering in Potters arm , her head against his beating chest .