Chap three

It was a sunday.
He hated sundays everyone went to church except him.
The caretaker said that they wouldn't take the devil child to a holy place.
No that wasn't why he hated church he hated it because Rarba was no where around on weekends.
They spent them at their relatives.
He saw them leave before yesterday.

On that Sunday Rarba and her family came back.
Her parents seemed mad.
Rarba was making her way to the front door when her father pushed her out the way.
Rarba stumbled and fell scraping her knee.
Her father made his way but tripped mid way on the step infront of the door and crashed on the door head on sliding down.

Rarba got up and instead of helping her father watched him.
Her mother came rushing to help up her husband but he smacked her across the face.
" Keep away dirt ". He said standing up on his own.
Rarba was still looking at him . He noticed her staring and turned around to look at her . In long strides he caught at her collar and leaned forward.

" I know it was you who got your cousin expelled i know no one would beilieve me. But you know what your a witch the devils child that's why you don't go to church.
It's wrong to bring you to a holy place ". He pushed her back.
Her face was stonic as if she's heard the words millions of times.
Her mother gave her a symphetic look before hurrying inside after her husband.
There Rarba stood with her back to him . Her shoulders were stiff.
She wore a blue skirt that went up to her knees.
Black flats and a grey petticoat.
She stayed standing there the in that same position the children came from church .
Nightfall fell and she stayed standing there not moving an inch.
She took a step back and fully turned towards the car that was parked in the driveway.
With stiff steps she made her way to the car.
She fiddled around the cars engine area and ripped out something.
She hid it in her coats pocket.
And took backwards steps still looking at the car.
For the first time ever there was an uncertain look then it hardened and she went to the neighbours loun.
Creeping around she threw whatever was in her pocket in their trash and hurried back home.
She went inside and he didn't see her again for that entire week.

----------

He heard voices down there curiously he went out his room and stood atop the stairs facing the front door.

" We don't want her , she has a bank account she can get all the things she wants from there. This is her suitcase the house and everything she inherited will be given to her when she is an adult . Untill now she's an orphan ".

There standing in the front door was Rarba and someone who vaguely looked like her mother.
Must have been her aunt.
Rarbas parents died in a car crash and she was supposed to stay in the custody of her aunt and uncle.

Her aunt hurried away and Rarba stood there in the entrance . One hand on her suitcase.
The caretaker he forgot her name gave Rarba a supposed assuring smile.

" Will give you a room with Elisa and Lena I'm sure they'd like the addition to their room ".

" Can't i have my own room".

"Ahh sorry deary no can do".

" Come on let's tell the kids about their new addition".

They went to the games room.
A bell rung thrice meaning to come to the games room.
Tom made his way to the room.
Her eyes zeroed on him , then she looked past him.
Everyone gathered around.
The people who didn't know what happened to her parents gaped at her.

" Everyone this is Rarba custio and she's the newest addition to our family ".

Lena gasped at her and said.

" No way , She's...she's evil ".

Her lip wobbled.
" That wasn't very nice of you".

" Lena no dinner , that wasn't nice of you ". The caretaker said to Lena.

He saw the horror on their faces . He saw the disbelief in their eyes.
They glanced towards him at the back then her at the front.
His emotionless face and her cheery one.
He knew what they were thinking they didn't have to voice it out.
Tom with his demon powers and Rarba with her sharp mind under one roof.
Rarba could see the horror in their eyes and acknowledged it with one of her famous sentences.

" I hope we can all be nice to eachother and not have Karma visit us isn't that right Miss ". She said smiling at the caretaker .

" That's right ".

Tom now had full access of seeing her everyday . And that just added to the reasons why he admired her when he saw the fear stricken faces.