Tutor

Jake and I walked into The Dot and sat at a table in the far corner so that we weren't surrounded by people on all sides. I appreciated it, honestly. I often got anxious in larger crowds. Besides, it was nice to be able to sit back and just be an observer in a new place. We both looked through the small menu briefly before deciding on what to order. Unlike most first dates or date-like instances that I could compare this one to,  I was far from nervous. But, I wasn't really sure if that was a good thing yet.

"So," Jake began to say to me once we ordered something to eat, playing with the edges of one of the white napkins on the table, "Why did you move out here? Is there a cool story that I don't know yet?"

I paused for a second after he asked me that. I had two options. I could either tell him the long and ugly truth or I could lie to him and prevent both of us from being uncomfortable. I straightened up in my chair just a little bit before I started talking to him again.

"Well, it's just me, my mom, and our dog. Basically, my mom decided that we should be closer to family since we never really had been before. And, the timing was perfect. She got a new job opportunity and I'm going to be going off to college soon anyway. I need to be in school so I came a few weeks before she did." I said, easily lying through my teeth in a way that I had a handful of times before.

"And here I was, thinking that a pretty girl like you had to be escaping from some evil ex-boyfriend or something." he joked and shifted in his seat before running a hand through his hair.

I faked a little laugh since he didn't know how right he was and I smiled when someone walked towards us, handing me my chocolate milkshake and French fries before giving Jake his over-sized sandwich. I thanked the waitress politely. The food, luckily, was amazing. I could definitely picture myself coming here again. Unfortunately, I wasn't sure if I felt the same way about Jake. Even though I knew that he was a really sweet guy, I also knew that I didn't share the same attraction that he held for me. The only problem was that I wasn't sure if that was because of my past or because Jake just simply wasn't my type. Either way, I decided that I'd just enjoy my time with Jake. After about an hour, Jake and I were walking towards my front door hand-in-hand.

"Well, I had a great time tonight on our 'not-date.'" he said as I leaned against the door and he moved in closer to me with his eyes focused on my full lips, his hand pressed on the wood next to my head.

"So did I." I said, blushing a bit and almost getting nervous due to how close he was to me.

I placed my hand on the back of his neck and we slowly inched closer towards each other. From what I could tell, he was about to close the distance between the two of us when the door opened and I was pulled in by Drew before I even realized what was happening.

"Why must you always ruin my fun?" I asked him jokingly, whining just a little bit.

"You're the one that made Adam and I promise that we would keep you away from boys unless you explicitly tell us otherwise. And, you haven't told me shit." Drew began to say matter-of-factly, making me roll my eyes, "Now I'm going upstairs to take a shower and FaceTime my girl. Please do us all a favor and keep your lips to yourself."

I smiled and shook my head as I watched him walk upstairs. Once he was at the top of the stairs and I knew that he couldn't see me, I slowly stepped towards the front door, only opening it when I heard the bathroom door shut closed and the lock click in the chamber. I pulled the now retreating Jake towards me by the back of his shirt and brought his lips down to my own.

"Goodnight, Jake." I said to him sweetly once we actually pulled away from each other.

When I looked back up at him, I could see that he had a blush on his cheeks. I walked back inside of the house and locked the door behind me. Then, I went upstairs. Drew was still in the shower so I'd have to use the second bathroom unless I was willing to wait for him to finish with whatever he was doing. I went into my bedroom and started to dig through my drawers a little bit. I grabbed something more comfortable than what I was currently wearing and kicked off my shoes before padding over to the bathroom on my bare feet. I locked the door behind me and then set my phone up so that I'd be able to hear my music while I was in the shower. I stripped down and got in the shower once the water was warm enough, putting my head under the warm water and smiled when the water turned dark. I had dyed my hair a darker brown a few weeks ago just in an attempt to do something that was a little bit more intense than my naturally soft brown curls. When the water turned cold because of Drew and I showering at the same time, I quickly got out and started drying off. I wrapped my hair up in a towel. Then, I did my skin care routine and cleaned my piercings. As of now, I had a little hoop in my nose as well as having my nipples and belly button pierced. I got into my pajamas and finally walked out of the bathroom with my belongings in my arms. I was just wearing a big purple tshirt that I had gotten for free at a school fair back home and my most comfortable cheetah print boy shorts.