Skylar POV

I dabbed my eyes with the crinkled up tissue, my head pounding and throat raw. I hugged my knees up to my chest and stared out the window, watching as the rain poured down. For a split moment, I wondered what would happen if I just jumped. All my pain would go away, and I wouldn't have an empty feeling in my chest. 

But deep down I knew that it wouldn't help. Holding Olivia would be the only thing to make the pain go away. 

"Sky," Rydel peeked her head into the room, a small smile on her face. "Are you hungry? I could bring you up a sandwich."

I shook my head, sending my blonde friend a weak smile. "I'm okay. Thanks, though." 

Instead of leaving, she walked into her bedroom, where I had been camping out in for the past few hours. She sat at the edge of the bed and grabbed my hand, squeezing it gently. "He'll come around, Sky. He may be my brother, but you know him better than any of us. You know he'll be okay." 

"I don't think so, Del." I muttered in defeat. "You should've seen the way he looked at me. For the first time ever, I actually saw hate on his face."

"He's just upset. He could never hate you, Sky. You guys love each other way too much." 

"I'm not so sure about that anymore." 

My heart ached at the thought of Ross not loving me anymore. After everything we had been through together, I couldn't imagine my life without him. He wasn't only my best friend, but the love of my life. 

A clap of thunder caused me to slightly jump, and my heart began to pound. "Don't give up." She advised, squeezing my hand once again. "Everything will turn okay in the end, I'm sure of it." 

My eyes filled with tears, but none escaped. "W-what if we don't get her back? What if...what i-if she's gone?" 

"She's not." Just like Ross, her voice was strong; like she was sure of the fact. "You will get your daughter back. The cops will find Ben, arrest his ass, and bring your daughter back to you."

All I could do was nod, letting her words sink in. Why was it that everyone believed she would come back but me? Did that make me a horrible mother? A terrible human being? 

Once she left the room, I pulled out the picture of Olivia I always had with me. It was when she was only a few weeks old, and Stormie wanted a picture of the three of us. Ross and I had bags under our eyes, but bright smiles on our faces. Olivia was in my arms, sucking on her thumb, and Ross had his arms wrapped around my waist from behind. 

I would do anything to go back to that day. 

A knock on the door caused me to look that way, and I murmured a soft 'come in.' I expected Rydel or Ellington, but I didn't expect my husband of just a few weeks. His hair was tousled and soaked, as well as his clothes, and he just looked like a mess in general. 

Guess that made two of us. 

"What are you doing here?" I questioned, unable to keep my voice strong and firm. It wavered a bit, and a slight frown appeared on his face. 

He took a few steps towards me and sat at the edge of the bed, keeping a distance between us. "Riker told me what you told him and Rocky." Were the first words out of his mouth. 

I knew exactly what he was talking about, but decided to keep my mouth shut. I never should have told his brothers in the first place. That was my mistake. 

"Do you know how heartbroken I would've been if you killed yourself?" Pain flashed across his face, and a tear rolled down his cheek. "Why would you even think about taking your life? Do I mean nothing to you?"