002

Justin tripped over his feet walking into the hotel room, falling into Zayn's body - the sober navigator. 

Zayn came late to the club and Justin was beyond hammered, his mates clearly weren't going to be much help because they were only ordering more drinks and waving over more females.

Knowing that one bad photo leaving a club could land you on the public's bad side, Zayn got Justin out as soon as his driver was able to come pick them up. Taking him through the back entrance, Zayn got him out without being photographed and managed to get him back to his hotel.

"Thanks man," Justin murmured with an exasperated sigh as Zayn plopped him down on the couch.

"For what?" Zayn went over to the bar, grabbing two bottled waters from the small fridge and handed Justin one.

He took an obnoxiously loud gulp of water, making the container pop back into it's original form. "Not letting me embarrass myself, I know I'm hammered. More than I really want to admit but thanks. I've had enough problems with the media and I don't need my PR team on my ass anymore than I already do."

"It's fine," he shrugged at he sat down beside him. "I know what it's like. I left a club drunk once and ended up flipping off the paps, I was more embarrassed that I let them get to me than I was about being hammered."

Justin laughed, slouching off to the side. "I tried to fight one once. When I saw the video later on, I realized how fucking stupid I looked. But I let them get under my skin when really they aren't shit, they invade people's privacy for a living."

"Proper d*cks," he cursed with a halfhearted laugh.

Justin cleared his throat, "Um - I, can I tell you something and you won't freak out?"

"Go for it, mate." Zayn shrugged, assuming Justin was going to make some obscure drunk confession like anyone and everyone who's ever been hammered around someone.

He sat up some, not blinking an eye before he leaned forward and connected their lips in a brief kiss. Zayn shoved him back, parting their lips and looked at him with a slightly angry but confused expression. 

"What the fuck was that?" He snapped.

Justin didn't bother to answer, only reconnecting their lips and this time caught Zayn's hands before he could be shoved away. Zayn responded once he knew Justin wasn't giving in so easily, their connection only lasted seconds but it felt like minutes.

"I've wanted to do that since that night we hung out at my place in LA," Justin breathed once he had pulled back, looking him dead in the eyes - suddenly feeling completely sober.

Zayn stayed silent a few seconds, sat with a furrowed brow and then got up. "I've gotta go."

He quickly left the hotel room before Justin even had a chance to convince him otherwise, not that Justin could even attempt to chase after him in his current state.

He let out a groan, throwing his water bottle across the room and smacked it against the wall. Not caring that the picture on the wall had fallen down in the process, because he thought the outcome would've been a lot different.

Especially since Zayn had started kissing him back towards the end but clearly he'd gotten his hopes up too soon.

_________________________________

authors note: I think I quite like keeping the chapters "short" like this, it gets straight to the point and I don't feel like I'm writing any unnecessary fillers to make it longer. Let me know what you think so far, feedback is GREATLY appreciated and doctor recommended. (: