Chapter Ten - Chest Of Memories

I turned to leave but I'm jerked back with a large hand wrapping around my wrist, looking back I opened my mouth to question him when he shook his head; no. It wasn't said but I heard the command loud and clear, I wasn't to leave. "Aaron...I have to go." He tightened his grip, his jaw clicking in warning. Sliding closer to him I cupped his face with my free hand before placing a kiss to his forehead, "I'm sorry..." Urging his grip off me I pushed out of bed and rushed to the walk in robe.

Tugging on some jeans I lifted the slip up and over my head before selecting a random bra and t-shirt. Grabbing my keys and phone I moved to the door, the second I'd pulled it open the frame slammed back shut forcing me forward. I felt Aaron's large frame against my back, lifting my head I saw his large palm pressed to the door beside my head. I hadn't even heard him shift from the bed.

Turning slowly my eyes followed his extended arm and bulging muscles to his tight jaw. "Aaron, let me go." Lowering his arm he took a step back, I wanted to console him and assure him that I was only going because I had no other choice. Daniel was still recovering and refused to take his medication. I had to go and speak to him, make him see reason and end this insanity.

Rushing downstairs I raced to my car. My phone rang again on the seat beside me and o quickly glanced at the screen. Rachel's name flashed across the screen and I drove my foot down on the accelerator. I was sure I'd most likely slap the shit out of Daniel the second I saw him, I mean I never expected this crazy crush behaviour from him. Frankly the extent he was taking it to was beginning to piss me off.

Pulling into the Quinn mansion complex I parked roughly in front of the large stairs. Before I rang the bell I heard a hysterical scream and the smashing of glass. Pushing the door open I hurried inside, following the sound I climbed the staircase at double time. "Just fucking get out!" I jumped at the sound of Daniels angered voice. Making my way down the hall I stood at the door of a large suite. Shards of a smashed bottle of alcohol littered the ground surrounded by a puddle of Amber liquid. "Charlie..." I lifted my gaze to meet his, taking me in his mouth curved with a sad smile.

Rachel clasped my arm and pulled me further into the room. "See...I...I told you." She watched me hopefully, gently rubbing the back of her hand still clasping me I nodded. Releasing me she left, I remained glued to where I was standing. It was then that I noticed the mess of tablets beside his bed. Frowning I could no longer understand how to handle this, how to begin and end this. Picking up the two packets of tablets from the floor I read the instructions. Taking two of the blue ones and one of the painkillers I held them out to him, he continued to watch me before taking the tablets. Handing him a glass of water I waited till he'd finished both. Taking the empty glass from him I placed on the timber table beside his bed, the second I straightened his arm came snaking around my waist. Burying his face against my stomach he held onto me with a surprisingly strong grip.

Weaving my fingers through his messy hair I noticed how much it had grown since I'd last seen him. "Bet your ass will be grateful in about half an hour, I don't know why you didn't just take the painkillers earlier. I mean you could have still pulled off the spoilt little brat routine regardless, but this way you would have been in slight less pain."

He chuckled softly, keeping his grip secure. I allowed it unsure of what to do or say next. "You didn't come to the hospital.I thought you were pissed...I thought you hated me after..." He trailed off squeezing tighter, I urged his grip off me and he tensed. Sitting on the edge of his bed I held his hand in my lap.

"I did come to the hospital Daniel. Both Aaron and I did." He tensed again. "And I am pissed with you. How dare you pull this crap? You just fucking took off Daniel and the next anyone heard you're in hospital almost dying!" My voice rose in volume and his head fell. "God Daniel...I'm pissed because instead of talking to me you went on a reckless danger binge. What the fuck were you thinking Daniel?"