Remember before when I talked about those short-term relationships? Troy was one of them, and he tried to get too physically to fast, to the point that I felt like I wasn't even in control of the situation anymore, and I broke it off.

One night, we were at the beach on a short friend vacation when I got completely trashed. It was the only time I've ever drank, and I haven't since then.

I know for a fact we would have had sex that night if Jackie wouldn't have heard me fighting him off. He's tried to get me back ever since then.

It's probably one of the reasons why I haven't really dated since then. I have trust issues.

Troy was trying really hard  to get somewhere with me, but I wasn't interested at all. He was such a player, and that's not what I was looking for.

I made my way out into the parking lot, digging into my bag for the keys to my BMW and slipped my hand back into the warmth of my sweater when a voice behind me startled me.

"I swear! I'll have it by tomorrow!" Bradley said, my eyebrows coming together as I watched the interaction between him and the guy I couldn't see.

"You said that no fucking Wednesday, you were supposed to have it today!" The other boy spat, running his hand through his ruffled light brown hair, but I still couldn't see his face, and he was in this black sweatshirt I had no idea who he was. "It's not just your ass on the line here! It's mine too! Don't you know what could happen to you if he finds out?! He'll fucking k-"

"I know, but I'm trying t-"

"No buts, you have it tomorrow or you won't be back here on Monday if you understand what I'm saying. You know what this business entails. He'll have you bury you're own fucking grave if you don't-."

Then Bradley's eyes found mine, and they mystery guy turned around, looking me up and down as students starting pouring out of the school.

"How much have you heard, buttercup?"

"N-Nothing. I just got here." I shook my head, unlocking my car door and went to open it when a hand stopped me from doing so.

"Leave her alone. She won't do any harm. I'll have it to you tomorrow. I promise. Just leave her out of it."

"Shut up, Brad. I'm sure she can speak for herself."

"I really didn't hear anything." I insisted, leaning back against my car as his hand still rested on my car.

"Nice ride you have here."

"Thanks." I whispered, slightly holding my breath as he looked at me.

I don't know why, but I'm not scared. I should be peeing myself right now.

"What are you still doing here, Brad?" The guy shot at him, and then Brad mouthed a 'sorry' to me before he disappeared, leaving me alone with mystery guy. "What's your name?"

"What's yours?"

"Nice try." He chuckled a little, his laughter making my stomach do a twist.

He's beautiful, especially his eyes. They were this gorgeous caramel color - that I honestly just wanted to swim in.

"You alright there, buttercup? You seem a little speechless."

"I'm - I'm fine." I cursed myself for stuttering, feeling my nerves kick in as he stepped closer.

Not because I was afraid, but because of how effing beautiful he was. I'm losing my mind.

"You don't have to be afraid of me. That was just business before."