Chapter 4

I finally stopped back to my house, that was built on a small hill, a very steap hill. I push the wooden door open revealing a large man sitting next to the table.

"Hiccup, we need to talk." He states and my eyes went wide.

"I swear, all I did was go to the forest. I didn't do what you guys say I did."

"No, I know that. I can see the village is still in one piece. What I needed was Gobber will be chief incharge of all of you, when he trains the new recuits. You'll be watching and telling me how it went."

"Watching!? Dad you said you don't want me destroying Berk in raids. I can't stop that iI don't know how to face a dragon. For heaven sakes dad, I'M A VIKING! Also your son but it seems that you wish I wasn't because I am just a little emberassment and a weak, weak runt like you said!" I snap, pulling myself off the chair and I stomp up the stairs.

"I DON'T CARE, I AM NOT CHANGING IT! YOU KNOW WHAT HICCUP, I'LL JUST LEAVE RIGHT NOW TO THAT RAID AND IF I DON'T COME BACK DON'T BE WISHIN' THAT I COME BACK!" He yells from the bottom of the stairs, I could hear the gang mumbling outside my window.

"Oh, relax I won't be wishing one bit, Gobber treats me like his own son you just push me around. YOU PROBABLY DON'T CARE THAT I GET BEAT EVERYDAY!"

"DON'T RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME!"

"ALREADY DID!"

"I'M YOUR CHIEF!" Once I heard that instead of father, I look down to the floor, hurting.

"Oh, I see. I guess your not my father then." I mumble and soulute him in depression. "Alright. Chief." I walk to my window as I heard dad try to apologize but he never means it. I climb out the window and notice the gang staring at me. "Oh yay more depression, talk behind my back all you want! I'm done." I run off faster then anyone expected.

"He's done?" Tuffnut says turning to the group.

"Duh, he might be done with life, suicide." Snotlout says. "Ah peaceful then." Astrid backs to her house as a tear rolls down her face. I grab a shield and a fish and run to the cove. I try to pass a rocky door but the shueld just wedges itself and gets stuck.

"Just perfect." I crawl under it and notice the Night Fury eyeballing me. "Uh hi." He sniffs the fish and I hold it out farther, he slowly steps towards my shaking body but notice a little light under my vest that reveals my dagger. I quickly throw it onto a rock but the blade slices my hand alittle, and it lands with the blood drying on my blade from the hot sun. I create a fist whinching at the pain, the dragon must have noticed and quickly licked my hand, I feed it the fish and it gives me a gummy smile. He sits like a human. Now I now it's a guy so yeah. After hours of training this dragon, we finally became friends only noticing his tail was gone. "It isn't safe here Toothless I'm gonna build you a tail and we are out of here in 2 days." He nudges me playfully and I smile petting his head and I step out of the cove and to the forge.

"Hey lad, where were you?"

"Forest, just getting my mind cleared."

"Oh your father just left, I heard you to got into a issuse." I sigh and sit down. "Oh sorry well I am going home figuring out how to train these people."

"Alright." I think to build this tail, and I get right on building. After 2 back-breaking hours it finally was complete. I hide it in my house and sit in bed for the rest of the day. As the sun rose the next morning, I woke up and ran downstairs and to the academy, noticing Gobber wait for the other kids. "Hey Gobber."

"Hey lad, good morning. You ready to see how your Blacksmith works in action!" He smiles.

"Uh, why do I have to watch? I mean it's completely useless."

"Yeah totally useless." I hear Snotlout in the background, I turn and notice the gang staring me down.

"Well get in a line kids." He orders and they follow. "Hiccup, look I understand. I have to follow the chief's orders. He wants to protect his son."

"What son! I am not his son you heard yesterday. Everyone did!" I walk with my head hanging low to the side of the arena and plop myself down watching them. Astrid kept looking at me instead of focusing. Everytime she looked at me I would quickly turn the other way but she seemed to not give up. At the end of training, Gobber told me to come down and rate his teaching skills and then I had to ask the group of what they want to change against Gobber, I walk down staring at the floor as I talked. "How was Gobber."

"Doesn't let us learn but just lets the dragon out instead." Complains Fishlegs, as his breathes became heavier.

"There I did my job." I run out as I felt their eyes watching my every move. I run to the cove with the saddle and red tail in my arms. I feed Toothless and finally get it on him and I walk back. Only being stopped by a hand gripping onto my neck. Snotlout.

"Alright SharkBait, I'm the shark and your the bait." Man he sucks. He slms me aganist a tree and kicks me repeatly in the stomach. I could see the gang watching and Astrid and Fishlegs running to the forge. "To wimpy hey, can't run haha."

"I'M NOT SHARKBAIT!" I didn't kniw what I was doing since my anger took over me, I send my fist to his face and his nose breaks as it bleeds.

"YOU IDIOT, YOU BROKE MY NOSE." Gobber, Astrid, Fishlegs and the rest were shocked at my move to Snotlout, but Gobber shook it off and pulled Snotlout away. I run to the forge and I search for a knife that Gobber just sharpened. I spot one and pick it up as I try and fight myself, not to kill myself. I break out in tears and throw the knife to the ground landing by a peg. I scan and notice Gobber setting a hand on my back.

"Listen Hiccup I don't think murdering yourself works, get some rest."

"I'll just go for a walk." Nevermind I am leaving now. I pack a few things in my house and walk to the cove. The sky finally turned pitch black and I packed things onto Toothless and took off. "Goodbye Berk." I whisper and Toothless and me were out of sight of Berk. "Well bud, Just me and you for now."