My phone rang bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Gabriel Neston speaking," I said formally introducing myself, I never knew who called my phone, so it was important to answer it professionally.

"Son." My father's rough voice greeted me on the other line.

"Father," I responded in the same tone. I get my attitude from my father, and I hated it at times. But he wanted to be a cold bastard, I could be one as well.

"You know why I'm calling."  He answered.

"No."

"What do you mean no." His voice rose slightly. I could vividly see him pacing with the vein sticking out of his forehand and arms.

"I mean, that if you're going to ask if I have found a wife then the answer is no."

" You need to find one immediately." He ordered.

My grip on the phone tightened." You can't rush something like that dad, especially love."

"Love grows, just look at me and your mother."

"And you see how that turned out," I muttered to myself.

"What was that?" My dad asked.

"Nothing. Look, I will continue looking but, I'm not sure if I will be able to do it."

"Either you do it, or I will do it myself. You have two days." He hung up.

I shook my head at his rudeness. Ever since I was a child my parents had tried to pamper me into being the perfect child. I had everything, and it was only so I could be ready for my "destiny." So, of course, they didn't mention that I needed a wife. And it doesn't help that he is threatening to put me into an arranged marriage.

My parents were also the result of an agreement since they were young, and their marriage is on the rocks, whether they want to admit it or not. Their love "grew", but that changed when my mom caught him cheating in his office, with one of his regular patients. I knew she was heartbroken, and I also know they think I am stupid. I know of all my father's infidelities, and yet my mother still remained faithful.

I know she loves my dad, and is still very much in love with him. But he doesn't show her the respect nor the love she deserves as his wife, partner, and lover.

I packed up my briefcase, and took off my white coat, hanging it on the rack. I glanced at my appointments for tomorrow and put the times in my head so I could get up early enough in the morning.

I walked out of my office, locking it behind me, and passed through the building. I got to my car and drove home ready to get in a nap . my phone rang making me groan out in annoyance.

"Hello," I answered.

"Daddy?"

"Hey love bug." My mood instantly brightened.

"What are you doing?"

"On my way home from work."

"Oh. Did you heal a lot of people today daddy?"

"I tried sweetheart. Why are you up so late?"

"It's only nine o'clock."

"And that is way too late young lady!" I exclaimed.

"Whatever dad."

I swear she was 6 going on sixteen. "Got to sleep, and put your, mother, on the phone." I sighed.

I heard shuffling. "Hello."

"Hey Eliza, why is my daughter up so late?"

"She wont go to sleep."