Chapter 6

Finally! This hell of a week is over! I had A LOT of homework. And let me add, it was a lot of homework. But, now that the week is over, I can finally relax. Well, tomorrow I can relax because I have to go to the carnival to see what is going on with Zack. I'm not sure if I really want to go, but with what happened last time I left him, I guess I have no choice. I mean, how bad can this possibly go? I mean yea, I'm going to figure out what is going on, but it won't be that bad. I mean like, Zack is a good guy! He wouldn't do anything bad to him or anyone else. I hope...

I walked into the entrance of the carnival, and it was packed. I mean like fully packed. I looked around for Zack, but it was hard to find him with all these people. Suddenly I was tapped on the shoulder. I spun around to see that it was him. "Oh, hi Zack" "Hi Sky, um so how about we go get some food and then talk about this whole situation.." He said kind of worrying. "Uh, ok.." I replied back.

We ordered our food and then sat down. "So, what would you like to know first.." He said with a bit of red forming in his cheeks. "Um, well, what bad thing did you do..." I replied quietly. He sighed, then looked down. "I, I started cu..... I started cutting myself..." He said with a bit of embarrassment on his face. I stopped eating and looked at him with a are-you-lying-or-are-you-serious face. "Wait, are you serious?" I said. He nodded. I got up and sat next to him. Lifted his head up so his eyes were looking into mine. And I hugged him so tightly he probably couldn't breathe. "Why? Why Zack???" I said with my face still burried in his chest. "I.. don't know..." I let go of him to see that he was on the verge of crying. I smiled and said "well, let's not have this night be ruined. Let's go on some rides!" "Your not going to ask me some more questions?" He said looking confused. "Well, which ride do you want to go on first?" He laughed and got up and started looking for a ride to go on.

As the night was ending, the only ride we haven't gone on was the ferris wheel. "Well, we should go on the ferris wheel before the carnival closes." Zack said. "Yea, come on! The line isn't that long anyway!" I replied. We ran over to the ferris wheel and got in line. It was probably a 10 minute wait. "Not gonna be that long..." I said. He nodded in response. That's when I remembered that I was going to tell him that I like him. And this would be the perfect spot! Oh my god, I am freaking out! "Hey, you ok, you seem a little tense.." Zack said. I snapped out of my thoughts and replied "oh, yea I'm fine. Thanks for caring though..." I blushed when he said "I care for my friends a lot..." He smiled. The line was going fast and we were closer to the front of the line. We just stood there in awkward silence till we were at the front of the line. "Ladies first!" He said while gesturing for me to get on. "Oh, um thanks!" I giggled while blushing. He even helped me get on! He is so nice! He got on after me and he sat next to me. I blushed even more. "You ok, if I'm making you uncomfortable, I'll move.." He said getting up and moving to the other side. I pulled him back. "No, your fine.." I said while smiling. We chatted as we got closer and closer to the top. "Hey, Zack, I know that this question may seem awkward.. but, do you like anyone. Like more than a friend.." He blushed a bit, and said "no, not really. I don't think I do.." I frowned at his response. "Do you?" He asked. "Well, there is one person..." I said smiling a bit, and blushing like crazy. "Oh, who is it? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to..." He said. "It's fine. Well, the person I like is... It's you..." I said. We both started blushing like mad men. "Oh, well.. um" he said. I looked up into his eyes, and he looked into mine. And he leaned forward, and I did the same. He grabbed my hand and then our lips collided. It was the most wonderful feeling in the world. But there was suddenly a loud noise. We pulled away with red faces. "What is that...?" I asked. Then Zack started shaking me and whispered "SKY! WAKE UP!"

I jumped up and saw Zack above me. Then I noticed that I was on his lap. I quickly got off and blushed fiercely. He chuckled. He said "you fell asleep on the ferris wheel, so I carried you out.." He was blushing too. I frowned. It was all a dream? Well that sucks. "You started to make kissing noises, so I decided to wake you up.. Sorry if I disrupted anything.." He said blushing even more. I laughed. "We should get going, the carnival is closing.." He said. "Yea, ok. Whew it is freezing cold out here..." I said walking with him towards the exit. "Oh, here..." He handed me one of his jackets. "Th-thanks... Are you going to be ok?" I asked. "Yea I'll be fine..." He said looking down. "You want me to walk home with you?" He asked. "S-sure..."

We chatted while he walked me home. It was a pleasant night. "Well, we're here!" I said stopping in front of my house. "Yea, well did you have fun, 'cause I did!" He exclaimed. I laughed and nodded. "Well thanks for coming. And thanks for understanding... I really appreciate it." He said. "No problem, are you going to be ok walking home by yourself?" I asked. "Yea I'll be fine. I'll see you Monday!" He said holding his arms out for a hug. I tricked him by pretending to pull in for a hug but leaning in for a kiss. Our lips collided and he must've been in shock because he tensed up. I just kept kissing him. After what seemed like forever, I pulled away. He was standing like a statue probably trying to process what happened. I handed back his jacket and giggled and waved goodbye, then walked inside of my house. I leaned against the wall and sighed. That's when I fully processed the moment and totally freaked out. I opened the door to go back to him to apologize, but he was gone. I looked up and down the street, but he was absolutely gone. I laughed again and went back inside. What a hell of a night..