Chapter 2

I got home that night to my mom cooking dinner and my dad cleaning the living room, again. He is neat freak I guess. "How was your first day hun" my mom asked. " Hectic.." I replied. "What do you mean?.." She said as she turned around and looked at me with a disappointed look. "I got into a fight, and I guess you could say I won it, but the rest of my day was good..." "What? You got in a fight! Skylar what in the world has gotten into you! You know better than to fight!" My dad said from the living room. "Let her finish Mark..." My mom said, still looking disappointed. I sat down. "It's a long story but, here we go.. So during science class, This one boy asked for a pen, and I gave it to him. After class he was going to give it back, but I let him keep it. The-" "Does this "boy" have a problem? Cause I will come up to this school and beat his a-" "MARK" My mom yelled. "Let her finish.." I sighed, and continued. "Then when I was about to leave, some punk pinned him to the wall and was about to punch him! I ran up and started yelling at the guy and made him leave... He thanked me afterwards.." They both looked at me, then at each other. "Did you get in trouble?" My mom asked. "Yea I got detention next week on Monday..." I replied. "What did you do to get detention?!?" My dad asked. "Well, I did tell the guy I was going to go medieval on his ass if he layed a finger on him..." My mom sighed. "We will talk about this later.." My mom said. "Okay.." And I walked upstairs. I fell onto my bed and sighed. That's when I remembered that Zack gave me his number. I texted him immediately.

"Hey, its Sky, is this Zack?"

"Yea! Hey Sky, wassup?"

"Nothing, you?"

"I'm just texting my new friend.."

"Oh cool, name?"

"Skylar"

"Oh lol"

"Soo, we're friends now rite?"

"Yea totally Zack!"

"Awesome"

"Soo, I know this is fast but.."

Oh god is he gonna ask me out!?!

"I was wondering if we could hang out, as friends of course, like go to Starbucks!"

"Yea, of course Zack!"

"Friday, 3:00?"

"Ya sounds good"

"So its a date?"

"..."

"Oh god, I don't mean it like that, I'm so sorry..:("

"No its fine lol, yea its a " date" :)"

"Ok!"

"I got to go, but see you tomorrow in class?"

"Ok :( bye"

"Bye!"

I was sad that he left, but it didn't kill me. The all of a sudden it crossed my mind. Do I like him...? No, he's just a friend! You met him today! Oh god I need some sleep. So, I lie there, and start to slowly drift to sleep. Just as I close my eyes I hear "Skylar, dinners done!" I sighed and went down stairs to go eat.

Time Skip
TGIF! I am exhausted and it's only the first week of school. I already have a essay do do. Damn you Mr. Saswaa! I went upstairs and collasped on my bed. As soon as I did that, I got a text. "Really, who can it be!!" I look at my phone and see its Zack. "Oh" I smile. It reads.

" so excited for our "date" lol! See you at Starbucks! "

I giggled, and texted him back.

" ok see you there!"

I looked at my clock. It was 2:45. "Better get ready" I said to myself.