We All Wear Our Masks

Start from the beginning

"Tyler, these are great. My word." Josh said handing Tyler's journal back to him.

"That's all I have so far, but I was thinking about why it so easy for me to do that and why was is so easy for you to do that. Then I started thinking if it was it easy for others too. That maybe we all have the ability to hurt ourselves... does that make sense?" Tyler asked.

"No, I totally understand that, but the masks?"

"I, I shouldn't say I but, I want to try to create something that's a bit more... faceless, that can represent a group of people or have people relate to it. Because we're not alone right? We can't be the only two people suffering like this, so maybe with these masks it could show that the people who listen to us can relate by having a mask of their own or something like that. Like we all wear our masks right? We could and we can take them off, but only when we're ready and these masks can prove that."

"That's a great idea for this band, I love that. Maybe we should get other masks too." Josh said getting up and looking around.

"Like this, I saw this earlier." Josh said picking up a white full face mask.

"It's not as hardcore as a ski mask but maybe we could use it too."

"Thank you Josh. Let's get both!"

They paid for their masks and Tyler and Josh left with a full sense of pride with their band. When they got to their house they told Mark all about their idea and Mark absolutely loved it and he had some news as well.

"I booked you a gig in Kentucky and also a spot at the Ichthus festival."

"What!?" Tyler and Josh said at the same time.

"It's a good opportunity, I advertised it too so no worries, it shouldn't be a complete sell out."

"How are we going to get there? When is it? Will I still be able to attend my classes?" Tyler asked worriedly.

"On Friday. We can drive there Friday morning, get ready, perform the first gig. Then Ichthus is on Saturday and Sunday. Drive there, perform, drive back Monday morning."

"Okay. Mark, how did you manage that?" Tyler said breathing a sigh of relief.

"I emailed about a hundred people and they were the ones who responded. Also I was thinking about filming you guys, sorta like a documentary for your album would that be okay?"

"That would be sick!" Josh said.

"I think that would be really cool." Tyler added in.

"I'll upload in on the 'Twenty One Pilots' YouTube page." Mark said.

"By that way, what's the album name?" Mark asked curiously.

"Do we even have an album name?" Josh asked looking at Tyler.

"I, um... I was thinking it could be called 'Regional At Best.'" Tyler said hurriedly.

"Regional At Best. I like that." Josh said.

"It's settled then. Regional At Best. I'm going to start working on the sorta documentary!" Mark said walking to his room.

"I better go anyway, I have my date with Jenna." Tyler said getting up.

"Have fun! Tell her I said hi!" Josh said scrolling through his phone.

Tyler walked to his car and drove off to Jenna's.

____________________________________________

It was a lazy date for Tyler and Jenna. They laid in a nearby park talking about Jenna's little trip, and the business with the band. It was a pleasant afternoon. Everything was smooth sailing until Jenna asked