Lindy sighed and grabbed my shoulder. "Listen, Brooke, I don't know what it is about Cheree that gets you all worked up, but it has to stop. Look, the party is tomorrow night. Find a nice girl, take her to bed. Relieve your stress." If only you knew who I want to relieve my stress with, I thought.

"Look, I gotta go to practice. Just, chillax bro!" Lindy said with a half smile. She gave me a quick hug and ran off back to the gym.

As I made my way through the halls to leave, I glanced into the library and saw Cheree sitting with the rest of her Creative Writing club. Without a second thought, I made my way in, pulled the chair out next to her, and plopped in it, ignoring the stares from all the bookworms.

Cheree was so into whatever she was writing, she failed to even acknowledge my presence. I took that time to just look at her. She was so adorable. You could always tell when she was really into something. She furrowed her eyebrows together while chewing the inside of her bottom lip in deep concentration. I cleared my throat to get her attention, startling her in the process.

"Can I help you?" she asked, annoyed. "I, uh, just wanted to uh, apologize for earlier," I whispered so no one could hear me. She raised an eyebrow at me, shrugged her shoulders, and went back to writing. Irritated with her ignoring me, I spoke up.

"What are you writing?" I asked curiously, leaning closer to peek at her journal.

She quickly covered her journal and gave me an irritated look. "Something private, Brooklyn. It's personal," she added the last part quietly. I hummed in response. What I did next may have been kind of rude, but I couldn't help it.

I quickly pulled her journal from under her and ran out of the library. Cheree jumped up after me.

"Brooklyn, damn it, give that back!" she shouted at me. I abruptly stopped causing her to slam into me, sending us both flying to the ground with me cushioning her fall.

She groaned a little bit. I don't think she noticed, but she was definitely straddling my side at that moment, which was really turning me on. I looked into her eyes, getting lost in the blue shading...

"You know, if you wanted to lay with me, all you had to do was ask," I whispered seductively to her. Her cheeks turned a very dark shade of red. She mumbled an apology and quickly stood up.

"Brooklyn, give her the damn journal back!" I heard a voice behind quickly recognizing it as Layne. "Well, if it isn't Miss Layne Trayson," I smiled at her and handed Cheree her journal back. I could have sworn I heard her let out a sigh of relief.

"Why are you always bullying her, Brooke?" Layne asked me in a bored tone. "Because it's just too much fun. I mean, look at her, she's just too cute not to mess with." I noticed the shade of pink making its way onto her cheeks again, so I poked them and made a cooing noise.

"Brooke, you're ridiculous. Come on Cheree, I need a ride home." Layne grabbed her arm and started pulling her away from me. I just stood there watching them leave, noticing Cheree look back at me as she... smiled. That made my heart feel like it was going to jump out of my chest.

The things you do to me, Cheree Lambert.

Cheree's POV

"Dude, I think Brooklyn has a thing for you," Layne says messing with the car radio. I scoffed at her. "I highly doubt that, Layne. She's Brooklyn Jameson, the hot, stuck up school bitch and I'm just... me." She gave me a dirty look. "You are beautiful, Cheree. Brooklyn is a bitch to everyone. But she only singles you out. I see the way she looks at you and flirts with you," she finished while looking at her phone.

Brooklyn did not have a crush on me. There was no way. I mean, she was beautiful, smart, smells good... and a total bitch. She was just messing with me because I was an easy target. That had to be it.

"Hello, earth to Cheree?" Layne says poking my cheeks. "Jeez, you always space out, girl. Anyway, I know this is... this is a lot to ask... but, you know how Danny was supposed to throw that party tomorrow night?" she asked innocently. I nodded my head. "Well, you see... his parents had to cancel their weekend trip and are staying home now... which means there's nowhere else to throw the party so Danny wanted me to ask you if..." 

"No," I immediately said. There was no fucking way.

"Please, Cheree. Your aunt is out of town. I'll get everything ready. I'll even clean up the mess. Please, please, please," she begged. I kept silent and pulled into her driveway. "Layne, I barely agreed to go to this party in the first place! Why the hell would I agree to throw it in my sanctuary?!" Layne stuck out her bottom lip and gave me puppy dog eyes. You've got to be kidding me.

"Ugh, fine," I muttered. I couldn't believe it. "OH MY FUCKING GOD, I LOVE YOU!" she shouted, practically jumping on top of me. "Okay, get out of my car woman," I said, laughing at her.

She gave me a kiss on the cheek and got out.

"By the way, Georgi asked me to be his plus one tomorrow night," she said dreamily.

"I thought he teased you all the time?"

"Yeah, but it was more flirty than mean." At that, she shut my car door and made her way into her house.

When I got home, I looked through my text messages.

402-555-1234 - Its Brooklyn, why the hell are you throwing the party at your house dumbie

Reply to 402-555-1234 - How did you get my number? And I'm not throwing it, Layne and Danny are, it just got moved to my house

I checked my other texts.

Danny - I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEE YOU thank you Cheree

402-555-9876 - Hey, I got your number from Layne, its Cassie btw.

I smiled.

Me - Hey :) Whats up

Cassidy - I just wanted to know if it's okay if I come to your party tomorrow night

Me - Of course you can :) See you tomorrow

Cassidy - Great! Can't wait. See ya

A message pops up from Brooklyn.

Brooklyn - I've had your number. I'm Brooklyn Jameson, I have everyone's number. You're not special. Well, maybe a lil ;) And good, I get to see the insides of your place ;)

Me - Goodbye Brooklyn.

What the hell am I getting myself into?