Pretend

Nicki POV

Today we're going to Augusts mom family cookout. I finish spraying some perfume and I put on a pair of Adidas.

"How do I look?" I ask Amir

I had on a baby blue shirt,black leggings,gold hoop earrings,and my hair in curls.

"Very beautiful" He smiles

"Thanks" I blush

"We can go now" I say

He grabs his keys and we leave,about 20 minutes we pulled up to mama Sheila house. We get out and walk to the backyard,I open the gate and get greeted by mama Sheila.

"Hey mama Sheila" I smile as she hugs me tightly

"Hey Baby" She says

"Hey Amir" She says while hugging him

"Hey mama Sheila" He says

Any friend of August she claims as her child,all of our parents it's like that.

"Hey Nika" August says while hugging me

"Hey baby boy" I say

"What's up nigga" He says while dapping up Amir

"Cool,Calm,and Collective" Amir chuckles

We greet some of his cousins,Aunt,Uncles,and his brother. After a while Safaree and em show up and more of his family. You know they had all the throwbacks on too. 'Family Affair' by Mary J. Blige came on and you know this was the shit. Everyone got up and started doing the dance.

"Let's get it crunk, we gonna have fun
Up on in this dancery,We got ya open, now ya floatin',So you gots to dance for me,Don't need no hateration,holleratin' In this dancery,Let's get it percolatin',while you're waiting So just dance for me" We all sung

Then 'Nice & Slow' by Usher came on and it got real turnt up. Adults was getting grown & sexy. We were gonna dance too but are parents are here and it didn't feel comfortable. 'Are You That Somebody?' By Aaliyah came on and everybody got hype. I go and get a wine cooler and I spot Ci next to me talking to mama Sheila. I feel bad that we haven't spoke at all tonight so I walk over there.

"Mama Sheila can I steal her for a minute?" I ask

"Of course" She said

We go in the house and go upstairs to August old room.

"We have to get passed this awkwardness" I say

"You're right" She sighs

"We can't let what happened affect us" I say

"Let's just act like the kisses were hugs" She says

"Yea" I say

We hug and stay like that for a few minutes. I honestly missed her.

"I miss talking to you" I say lowly

"Me too" She says

"Every time it gets awkward for us just think about good times" She adds

"That sounds good" I smile

"I really missed you" She mumbles

If only she knew how I felt about her. I wonder can we pretend that everything was like the last time we kissed,I just wanna feel her touching me,pretend that we're bout to break up to catch the feeling that we wanna make up,pretend we ain't friends so we can do it all again,pretend we never met,a good excuse to play forget,when I'm looking for love I pretend it's her,a love that never ends. We pull apart and smile faintly at each other.

A/N: Awww Nicki and Ciara are going through it :( Next update soon!