Chapter 3: agent mitchell

"What!?" Both Beca and Chloe say in replies to the mans previous statement. "did I stutter?" The man ask, before Beca can respond Chloe says "you can't be serious? It's her first day here she hasn't even trained yet! And your putting her on a mission with me?!"

Beca takes a lot of offense to that. "doesn't matter if she's new, your going on her with this. plus she looks gay so you'll be just swell" the man says, and Beca replies back "excuse me, sir- yeah I'm not gay" he just rolls his eyes and directs his attention back to chloe.

"Your doing this weather you like it or not, do I make myself clear?" The man ask chloe, she doesn't respond and that results in him, repeating himself but, in a much high tone. "agent beale, do I make myself clear!?" "Yes,sir!" She responds, and the man makes him way out the back door.

"Anyone care to explain what the hell is going on?" Beca says aloud making sure everyone heard her. Everyone ignores and proceeds out the door that the man just exited out of. Beca sees Chloe leaving so she catches up.

Beca finally reaches her "hey care to slow down?" Beca says breathing heavily, the red head stops "agents never slow down" and with that Chloe proceeds forward again.

•••

*Becas POV*

Chloe is really fast. It was really hard to catch up (for the second time) to her but I did, and we happened to be in the mans office. "ah just the agents I wanted to see" the man says. "wait before you continue whats your name?" Beca ask the man.

"It's richard, agent richard. or 'r' I prefer 'agent richard' since your new" he winks and continues.

"Wait" he's interrupted again by chloe, "why are you putting me on a mission with this dwarf" Chloe ask, not even taking into consideration that the 'dwarf' she's talking about is right beside her. "your not that tall yourself.... Beale" I tease her.

"Don't ever call me that or you'll regret it" Chloe says looking me dead in the eye. she doesn't intimidate me.

"Beale" I say again.

Bam. Right there. She punched me. got a good shot too, I'm on the floor holding my cheek. "shit Beale calm yourself" agent Richard says coming over to help me. "are you alright agent Mitchell?" He ask me and that results in my thoughts tossing and turning.

"Agent Mitchell?" I ask Richard, still holding my cheek.

"Yes that's your name. agent Mitchell" he replies.

That's cool. I guess but I'm still foggy as the why I'm where. so many questions are swirling through my mind, but only one of them needs to be answered now. "Good uh- good aim" I tell Chloe before asking richard,

"Why am I here?"

His face brightens like he's been just thrilled to explain that to me.

"Well you see, agent mitchell. We've had about 2 agents monitor you for the past month. We needed a new recruit and we thought you were perfect for it. -" before he can continue "so what happens if I don't want to do this?" I ask calmly.

"They pin you done and erase your memory for 5 years" Chloe says and I turn my attention to her. "why not just like to tommorow?" I Ask frightened. "Because we haven't figured out how to do that yet" Richard tells me.

I'm freaked out now so I make a run for it. two guards stand in my way of the door. "sit down" one of them says and I do so. "we aren't going to harm you, I can promise you that." Richard says smiling and for some reason, that's relaxing.

"Now" he hands me and Chloe folders, "you will be flying out to paris in 2 days and you will be there for a month. after you have retreated the drugs you will fly back, understand?" I sorta understand what's going on now but I really don't care.

"Wait but I have a roommate?" I tell richard. "ah I assume you split the rent?" He says stating the obvious "yeah.." "Well then, you will be granted 800 dollars max; for your roommate" that's a lot of money.

"You serious?" I say smiling, "yes, now carry on Beale will show you around" he says tuning around.