"What? You'll cut my throat? Please," Cassandra scoffed.

"And you even went there with Philip? Were you trying to make a point?"

"No, I wasn't. He was there because he wanted to."

"I can't believe he even married you. I didn't even know about it until I read the paper. He tells me everything."

"That only proves how unimportant you are, Beth. Did not get an invite, did you?"

Beth's eyebrows raised, her lips twitching, "Are you sure?"

"What do you mean?"

"I can't help but notice that he's been a little bit worrisome lately," Beth uttered with suspense. "I wonder if he's having second thoughts about marrying someone like you."

Oh, you have no idea why he married me, you bitch. "It's probably because of my cooking," she decided to take on a lighter approach.

Beth laughed evilly. Like Ursula and Morgana in the Little Mermaid evil laugh. Cassandra had the sudden urge to cover her mouth with her silver sandals, but they were new so she decided against it.

"I heard you've been after him," Cassandra interrupted her laughter. "You better give up because you're wasting your time."

"Oh," Beth purred, "You don't know what I'm capable of, Cassandra," she said her name like it was trash.

Did she realize she was up against three angry ladies who got nails like steel?

"Hey, listen here, you brat," Angelica uttered in a scary voice that even made Cassandra's hairs stand up. "I for one did all the things you did. And whatever you're going to do next would be a copycat of what I did years ago, so back off."

Beth's mouth opened in disbelief. "What did you say? Who the hell do you think you are, Angelica?"

Angelica laughed, looked at Chanty and Cassandra before she said, "I happen to be Philip's ex-stalker. And let me add that I have much talent on that field than you."

"And if you're smart, you'll back off. I already have an amazing sister-in-law, Bethany," Chanty added.

Cassandra's heart was suddenly filled with gratefulness and warmth, but it soon drained down when her husband returned with three cups of tea carried by a waiter.

"What's that?" She asked him.

"It's tea," he answered.

"I'm not drinking that," Cassandra said snidely and walked off to the direction of the buffet. The sight of him made the anger inside her flare up so she better get as far away as possible at the moment. He had been ignoring her since this morning and now he took her to the freaking tea party of the women who hated her!

"Can't drink that one as well," she heard Angelica utter behind her. "For all I know, that tea might have some love potions."

"Or poison," Chanty added in a stinging tone. Oh, oh, nobody liked Philip at the moment.

She knew she'd be in trouble when they got home, but he too would be in hell as well. How dare he take her at this horrid place and talk to that woman like they were best buds? He knew she hated that woman, and vice versa!

Cassandra spent the next few minutes with Angelica and Chanty. Once, she saw Philip looking at her from the corner of the room while he talked with some guys and his eyes were obviously a mixture of anger and concern. He didn't like what she did but he was also worried over—what? Worried she would cause a scene?