Prologue

"You're crazy Chloe! He's been holding you hostage for months, I don't understand how you can defend him."

I don't understand my feelings towards him myself but whenever I'm with him I feel secure. I know that everything he does is for me, he doesn't mean to hurt me. He loves me. Sooner or later I'm going to be number one and who is Audrey to tell me how I should feel, she is just number 11. She's only been here for about a month, she doesn't know anything.

"Of course I am going to defend him when all you do is talk bad about him!" "He beat me up Chloe! Don't you understand?! He's a manipulative, sick and sociopathic asshol-" I slapped her across her already disfigured face. How dare she say those things about him? He cares about us, about me.

----------------

This story takes place in 2014-2015.

Chloe Elizabeth Monroe is 17 years old and goes to High School.

She is an only child that lives with her mother since her parents got divorced when she was 12.

Her father visits her at least once a week and they have a good relationship.

Chloe has a small group of friends but she's not really close with anyone.

Her life changes drastically when she goes to a local supermarket but never returns.