Her name is Emma

Life was not in chapters. Nor was it in the books you've spent your time reading or the hours you spent fighting. It was rather in the big moments. The moments in which you realize that life was an amazing gift given to you by some unknown reason from some unknown source. The big moments like car crashes. Or finding out you had cancer.

Life was the moment when you wanted nothing other than to cling to it.

Which is how I found myself in the hospital that night. My hand in hers as they checked her vitals and made sure her heart was still beating and the blood in her body was still in her body. Her hands were soft. I guess all the lotion she puts on really did work wonders.

"Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to step aside." a nurse told me.

I didn't pay any attention to her. How could I? The girl that I love was in the ER and all I could do was watch as the blood in her system was pumping out of her the way you pump water into your first swimming pool.

"Sir, if you don't move aside I will have to restrain you." the nurse said once again.

"I love you." I whisper into her pierced ear.

"I love you so much." I whisper again before the nurse pushes me out of the way.

"She's barely holding on. We have to get her to an O.R now!" The doctors yelled.

"I need blood bags ready in the O.R she's gonna need it!" One doctor yelled.

I couldn't help but marvel at the fact that even near death she still looked beautiful. Her clothes blood stained and torn. Her hair a mess and her lips pale. She was a beauty.

"Sir, do you mind giving us her name and date of birth?" A nurse asked.

"Emma, her name is Emma." I said breathlessly.

"And I love her. I love her so damn much." I said, my eyes flickering towards the nurse.

"Her name is Emma." I said again.