Chapter 8: Captain Man's Fault

**Kelly's pov**

I ran to my house and realized I never went to the carnival with Henry but whatever. I went inside and it was very loud but I was use to these types of things. With seven people living under one roof.

"Hey sport. Woah! What happened?" Amy asked. I know why she asked that question. Mostly there is a few tree branches.

"I was running away from a mad man!" I answered.

"Do you know who it was?"

"Captain Man. I don't trust him."

"You shouldn't. Wait. Why was he after you?" Amy said and I grabbed her and brought her to my room.

"Charlotte thinks I have powers and told Captain Man. Then she brought me to the Man Cave tried to convince Captain Man I had powers. But it backfired and he tried to erase my memories."

"He didn't follow you here right?" Amy asked. She started to panic

"No. He gave up after I bumped into Henry."

"Oh. Good. Wait do you have powers?"

"Yes. I can freeze people."

"You shouldn't have powers. And if you did, that sounded more like time travel." Amy said while checking the windows.

"What?! Why would I have powers."

"Because mom was a super. I am a super. Jay's a super."

"What?!"

"Super are more likely to have twins and only one of those twins gets powers. That would be me and Jay. So something must have jump started your powers."

"Wait a minute. Mom was a superhero! But how come I don't remember this?"

"Mom was called the 'Tween Wonder' she started to fight crime when she was ten. One of the youngest heroes in history. She had helped save the world three times with her sidekick dad. There were so many supers back when mom was a kid. Then Captain Man showed up. Then started to 'eliminate' his companion and erase people's memories. Supers were forced to hide. Mom got found. We had to move. But we supers never forget. Our memories can't be erased. Kid Danger is working on the wrong side. Plus you should stay away from Charlotte."

"Wow."

"Does anyone at school know your last name?"

"No. Only teachers."

"Good. Please sport never use your power again. For our safety."

"I promise." I said. Amy left. I did my homework and pretend that never happen. I took a shower. Then I went to sleep.

•Dream•

It was raining and I saw Captain Man there. He was coming closer. I was so scared. I tried to run but couldn't. All hope was lost. Then he grabbed me and put me in some type prison. Then I saw mom. There all helpless and dirty. Like everyone else in the prison. I woke up.

•Dream over•

It was the middle of the night. I tried to go back asleep. I was fully awake. There was just something that was stopping me from sleeping. I turn to the other side of the bed facing Jay. He was on his phone. I turned back to facing the wall. And remember the day mom passed. I was there.

Like I was reliving the moments before. When I open one present from mom. It was a necklace mom gave me I put it on and then turns around. I saw mom. I felt so happy. Like I was twelve year old me again. I couldn't control myself. What I did on my twelve birthday just happen again. I saw mom crossing the street and saw her get hit again. I saw the person in the car was Captain Man him self.