Operation Matchmaker : Step One

Bre's POV

I walked into Amber's room. It was full of video games and posters of Alibaba everywhere. Wherever I walked, I felt like Alibaba's eyes followed me. I rarely came into Amber's bedroom because of it.

"Amber, are you ready yet? The guys will be there in ten minutes!"

I closed the door immediately and walked down the hall to Melissa's bedroom. Mel's bedroom was tidy. The bed was queen-sized and had soft, comfy white and yellow pillows. The curtains were open all the way so the sun illuminated the room.

Mel looked over when I opened the door and yelled, "Bre! I can't decide what to wear!"

I looked at the bed and saw she had three outfits laid out. The first was a yellow sunflower dress with a white silk belt and sandals. The second was a white tank top, denim shorts, which were frayed at the bottom, and flip flops. The last one was a cute purple crop top with a picture of Barney on it (I blamed Amber for Mel's obsession with Barney). The outfit also had a white short skirt and white high heels.

After considering each outfit briefly, I said, "I like the...Barney outfit. But do you have any other tops besides Barney?"

Mel shook her head and replied, "Barney's so cute!"

I shook my head and closed the door. Finally, I reached Emily's room. She was laying on her bed with just denim shorts and a t-shirt on.

"Emily! At least wear something special. You wear that every day."

She looked at me and got out of bed. We walked over to her closet where I noticed a short white skirt and gray Snoopy top.

"I was going to change into that, but I don't see why I need to be dressed up," she replied, making sure to put emphasis on the "I."

I shooed her into the closet and replied with a wink. She didn't know Mel, Amber, and I had arranged for a secret date.

Emily rolled her eyes and closed the closet door to change.

- later -

Kuroo came to pick us up around five o'clock. He winked at Mel as she sat in the front seat. Amber giggled as Mel blushed.

"You two are ka ka kawaii!" Amber exclaimed.

Mel shot Amber a don't you dare say that again in front of him look as Kuroo started driving out of the driveway.

"So, Kuroo, when are you going to propose to Mel?" Amber asked jokingly.

Mel turned back to Amber with a menacing glare, which Amber returnedwith an innocent look. Kuroo seemed to have been thrown off though, since he nearly ran into the curb. Emily and I were trying not to laugh. Neither of us succeeded.

Once we arrived at our destination, Kuroo dropped us off before he parked.

Amber had to distract Emily while we got the table.

Amber nodded back and said, "I need to go potty! Can one of you go with me?"

We all giggled. Emily looked at us and saw that neither of us wanted to go. Realizing she had lost, she took Amber to the bathroom.

Mel and I high fived.

"Step one: distracted Emily. Check," Mel says with a smile.

"Step two: Wait for the mystery man," I say with a smile as well.