Chapter Six "The Change"

Jackson and I finally make it out of school. It just felt like a endless maze, and we would never get out. Jackson opens the door and puts me in the seat, and then makes his way to the driver side.

"So, where do you want to go?" He asks me as he focuses on turning on his car. I had no idea where I wanted to go. I just couldn't go home. My mom works at 10 am and its only 8:30ish.

"I don't know, just anywhere but home,". Jackson turned to look at me. Then he turned his attention to the car and hit the gas. I just turned myself away and looked out the window. Town was beautiful this time of year. It was just in between Summer and Autumn. The leaves were starting to turn colors and it was still hot enough to go swimming. Well at least in California.

"Hey we're here," Jackson grabbed my thigh and gently shook it. I was kinda shocked when Jackson grabbed my thigh. I looked up and saw where we were. It was some old building out in the middle of the woods.

"So do you take all the girls here,or just me?" Jackson turned to me and chuckled. I started to blush but I tried to hide it. I didn't want him to think he's gonna get some tonight. Not like he would try, but just in case. Jackson started to the trunk of the car and opened it. He pulled out a blanket and a lunchbox. He laid the blanket on the ground then sat on the blanket. He sorta motioned me to sit down. I walked my way to the blanket and sat down next to him.

"Are you okay, Aria?" He looked down as he said that. I didn't know what to say. I didn't even know the answer to that question. "I mean after that incident at school,".

"I honestly don't know how I feel, a lot is happening in a short amount of time," I exhaled. I just didn't want to talk about it. I mean it was only yesterday when I was bit, and know girls are trying to kill me in the hallway. "I think I just need time to think," I looked into Jackson's eyes. He looked like he felt so bad, but he also went through the same thing I am. He probably had it worse, being alone in such. I'm just lucky he's here.

"Aria, you need to go," Jackson said. He looked scared. "Go behind the house!" He yelled. I quickly got up and headed behind the house. Jackson got up and then I heard a car drive up the road. It started to get closer and closer.Finally the stopped. Right in front of the house. A older man stepped out of the car. He had black hair with some gray hairs in a few places. His eyes a dark grayish color. A girl got out of the passenger side, her hair a strawberry blonde. She wasn't that old maybe around 20. She reached in her car and pulled out a knife while the older man got out a cross bow.

"Hello Jackson," The girl winked.How does Jackson know these people? Why are they armed? The are probably not hunting for deer today.

"Haley, how are you," Jackson replied. Haley laughed at him.

"Eat shit kid," The older man yelled at him. That's when Haley started running after him. She tried to stab him but he blocked her movements. "Come on wolf boy, turn for us," The man yelled again. I couldn't watch anymore. I had to do something, I had to help Jackson. Then I heard a shriek. I turned around to see Jackson fall to the ground. Bleeding.

I couldn't control myself anymore, I felt something weird happen. I looked down at my hands, my nails growing into claws. My teeth growing into fangs. I lost control, just like that. I was now a werewolf.