Chapter 2

Science is my last class, one more period and I will know who wrote me that note. Yes, I lied I'm still trying to figure out who wrote me that note.

Yes, the bell! I walked down the hallway and I noticed everyone was looking at me differently. I ignored them and continued on to my class. Another note was sitting on my desk. What is going on? Jamie and Alex were in their seats, smiling as if they took all of the bolts out of my chair.

I sat down and stored the note in between my notebooks. I opened my computer and started taking notes from the board. My messages went off, thank god my sound was off. The message was from Alex.

Alex: Annabeth how's your birthday? Sorry I was so angry this morning, must have not gotten a lot of sleep.

Annabeth: It's fine. People get mad. Why were you so mad anyways?

Alex: No reason

Annabeth: That's not true! The last time I saw you get that upset was when I had your Gameboy and snapped it in half in 2nd grade.

Alex: Hey I loved that Gameboy!

Annabeth: You're avoiding that question

Jamie joins the conversation

Alex: Just forget about it.

Jamie: What was that about?

Annabeth: I don't know. Do you know what's up with him?

Jamie: Why? Does someone have a crush on Alex? Oh wait no you like me

Annabeth: Haha very funny! You know who I like so don't even go there.

Jamie: Yea and I know who he likes...BYE!

Before I could respond he left the conversation. I went back to paying attention in class. When class ended we all walked to our lockers together. Jamie and Joe were in another debate on which superhero was/is the best. I have such geeky friends. I closed my locker, giggling from hearing their argument. As I walked down the empty hallway I heard my name being called. It was Alex.

"Hey cupcake slow down." Alex yelled, even though he was two feet from me.

"I'm not even walking fast moron."

"Ouch! I call you cupcake and in return I get moron! You're getting coal for Christmas." Alex stated, he was now walking backwards in front of me; I so badly wanted to trip him.

"What do you want, I kinda want to get home before I'm drenched by the rain." I stopped walking.

"Let me give you a ride. You won't get rained on and we can spend quality time together. Sound good?" He was talking to me like we haven't seen each other in ages. Which is not true.

"Fine, yea sure!" I started walking again, when I looked over, he had the biggest smile on his face.

When we got into his car, it immediately started raining. We both started laughing and buckled our seat belts. It was going to be a while until I got home, I lived an hour from the school, and Alex is my neighbor. After five minutes of silence, it stated to get warm in his car. I took off my red cardigan and threw it in the backseat.

"You warm? I can turn the heat down"

"No, I'm ok. I was going to take it off anyways. Sooner or later at least."

Alex just laughed. I couldn't help but think about his morning and last period. I wanted to say something, but I didn't want to make him upset.

"Look I know I've been keeping things from you. I'm sorry it's just...." Alex gripped the wheel tighter and started to speed.

"Just what?" I asked, Im afraid to know what comes next. It could be "I'm dying," "I have cancer," "I have a girlfriend," even though I don't know why he would be angry with me for that matter.

"I love you" Alex barely spoke.