How it started

Elsa was in her study at her desk signing papers while singing to herself. She hated her queenly duties, but they were things she had to do, and singing always seemed to lighten up the dreadful tasks.

"Let it go, let it go,

and I'll rise like the break of dawn.

Let it go, let it go,

that perfect girl is gone.

Here I stand, in the light of day.

Let the storm rage on!

The cold never bothered me anyway."

Elsa lightly hummed to herself.

"And... Done!!" She sighed as she singed the last paper, and fell against the back of her chair.

"Finally finished! Now all I have left is that meeting... NO!" She suddenly exclaimed in horror as the window blew open with a strong gust of wind, and all the papers she had just finished signing and stacking scattered all over her study.

"No,... No no no,..." She muttered rushing to pick them up.

"Heheh, sorry."

A sudden tenor voice laughed shakily.

Elsa gasped as she turned around seeing a man with silvery white hair and deep blue eyes, sitting on her open window sill. She dropped her papers she had already collected and backed up against the wall. He was the most handsome man she had ever seen, but she wasn't taking any chances.

"Guards!" She shrieked.

"Woah woah woah, calm down! I'm not gonna,... Wait. Can you see me?" He asked, slowly climbing through the window, lowering his bare feet to the soft green carpet.

"Stay back!" Elsa said warned holding her hands out in defense. She could feel her powers gathering up in her palms.

"You can see me?! Please answer me, I'm not going to hurt you!" The man pleaded.

"Yes I can see you, now stop playing games with me!" She yelled, letting a blast of ice pass through her hand as a warning.

"You have powers?" The man questioned carefully.

"Yes, and I'm not afraid to use them." The blonde hissed, never moving out of her defensive position. "Now who are you, what are you doing here, and how did you get up here?"

"My name is Jack Frost, and I was just flying around when the wind got a little out of control. Sorry about coming through your window, and getting in the way of your work. So, since you're the only person who can see me, are you going to tell me your name?" Jack asked casually.

"Why do you need to know?" Elsa asked as she moved to the other wall, never taking her eyes off of him.

"I just would like to know." He responded, slowly dragging the end of his staff against the carpet. The staff was trailed by a frosty pattern, and then quickly formed to ice.

Elsa stood against the far wall, astonished and absolutely dumbfounded. She slowly lowered her arms to her sides.

"H-how did you do that?" She asked, staring at the floor in amazement.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a loud banging on the door.

"Queen Elsa, whats going on?" Said a guard from through the door, sounding very frantic.

"No no, everything f-fine, I'm sorry to have disturbed you."

"How did you do that?" She asked again.