Chapter 2

Nebbie just sat down in Writing 1. She had this class by herself and she sat alone in the back. It was the still first week of school so they was just going over the basics. She was getting sick and tired of the " You're not in middle school anymore" line. She knew that already. She was being her nosy self and watching who came in the door. The person that caught her eye was Lance. He has been on her mind since Monday. He saw her and gave her a flirty smile. She looked down. He couldn't possibly be looking at me she thought. He came toward her and took the sit next to her. He smelled like the finest cologne. She tried not to stare but he was so cute to her.

" Hey I didn't know we had this class together," Lance said.

" Me either," She lied. She knew they was in the same class but she didn't say anything. He kept staring at her it made her think something was in her teeth or maybe she had a new white head growing.

" What?" She asked.

" You're really pretty," He said. That made her day. Someone thought she looked good and it made her gain a little more confidence. She looked down trying to kept him for seeing her big smile.

" Thanks," She replied.

" Hey. What I say about that? Keep your head," He said. She looked at him and he smiled.

" Alright so today we are going to talk about this year's course," The teacher started.

" You got a kik? I don't want to ask for your number because it'll be soon," He said nervously. She giggled at his remark.

" Sure it's Nebbie.Cakes," She said.

" Nebbie Cakes?"

" Yeah it's a nickname I required."

" It's cute." She was mentally praying for her dark skin so he couldn't see her blush.

❀❀

Nebbie was sitting on the outside bench waiting for her mom to pick her up. Today was Wednesday and she had to go to bible study. Her family was a church family always has been and it never will change. Then she saw her familiar car and they was heading straight to the Church of Christ.

Soon as they arrived she found Benjamin and Jessica sitting together in the back. She sat next to them she had a lot to tell him.

" Bruh tell me why I'm already failing English though," Benjamin said. They laughed.

" How are you failing a class on the third day of school?" Jessica asked.

" I forgot to let my mom sign my syllabus. That teacher was not playing when she said she want it done by Tuesday," Benjamin said.

"That's sad," Nebbie said.

" It don't matter I'm gon make it up," Benjamin said.

" Anyways guess who gave me their kik?" Nebbie asked.

" Uh...Ashton." Jessica said. Jessica and Benjamin laughed. Nebbie gave them the straight face. Ashton had a huge crush on Nebbie but he was too pushy and clingy. Plus he was not attractive to her.

" Shut up. It was Lance," Nebbie said. They both looked with eyes widened and Nebbie nodded her head like she was a boss.

" The next best football player?" Jessica asked. Lance was a freshman like them but he had a thing for football he was one of the best.

" Yeah...he said I was pretty," Nebbie said.

" Look at you pulling them," Benjamin said as he gave her a high five. She laughed.