07: Nowhere We Can Hide

Start from the beginning

“Coming!” A familiar voice calls.

Zayn smiles to himself. Thank God.

The door opens and reviles AJ’s mother, standing there in her work clothes. She looks confused when she sees Zayn, of all people, at her door at such an early hour.

“Zayn?” she asks. “AJ isn’t here. She’s at her-”

“I know,” he says, cutting her off. “I actually came here to see you,” he tells her.

Now, she looks even more puzzled. “Me? Why?”

“I wanted to talk to you about AJ’s living situation,” he says.

She looks at him for a moment, before releasing a breath. “Alright, come in.” She gestures him in and he walks inside. She shuts the door behind him. She leads him into the small kitchen. “I have to get to work soon, so please, make this quick.”

Zayn takes a deep breath. “Listen, I don’t like her living with him. He’s still very dangerous and she’s scared of him.”

She sighs, taking a sip of her coffee mug. “I know she is, but we don’t have any other options.” She examines his face. “Zayn, I know you want to protect her and it means a lot to me. I really did mean what I told you that day. I just want what’s best for her and I can’t afford it right now.”

“I could pay for it. I have plenty of money from what I use to do and I can help. She got a job, too. Ms. Samuels, I swear, I’ll do anything. Just please tell her to come live with me,” Zayn pleads desperately.

“Anabelle,” she corrects him. “You can call me Anabelle.”

Zayn smiles at her. “Ms. Sam- Anabelle, just please consider it. I promise I’ll take care of her and I’ll move her as far away from him as I can. You and Andy can even come with us if you want.”

“Zayn, that’s really nice of you, but I can’t let you pay her tuition.”

“Then just let me help because she won’t and this is killing me.”

“I can’t let you do that,” she tells him.

“Please? I’ll do anything you want,” he tells her. “Just please. I have to know she’s going to be okay. She’s not safe with him and I really don’t give a shit that his parole officer is there with him. He hates her and you know that. And he hates me and he’ll do what ever he wants to. Jail isn’t going to stop him. You should know, you married him.”

The last part come out bitterly, catching Anabelle off guard. She stares at him and puts her mug down. “How serious do you take your relationship with my daughter?” she asks randomly.

“Very serious, ma’am,” Zayn answers.

“Do you really love her?”

“She’s the only girl I’ve ever loved.”

She watches him, to make sure he’s not lying. “How old are you now, Zayn?”

“Almost twenty four.”

“You know that running away with her isn’t going to stop him from keep you two apart? He’s going to chase after you.”

“I know.”

“And you’ll be putting her in the same amount of danger, if not more.”

Zayn looks at her, trying to figure out where she is going with this. “I know and I’m willing to do what ever it takes to keep her safe.”

She looks at him as a smile creeps on her face. “Have you ever thought about marrying her, Zayn?”

His eyes widen. “What?”

Marriage. Have you ever though about it?”

He nods, unsure of himself. “Yeah, well, sorta.”

She smiles. “Have you ever thought about it with her? Honestly.”

“I- I guess, I don’t really know, I-” he stutters.

She chuckles. “Just answer this last question and I’ll tell you my final answer.”

“Okay,” he answers.

“If I told you that you had to marry her in order for me to let you help us out financial and get her away from that demon bastard, what would you say?” she asks seriously.

“Honestly?” he asks. She nods. He takes a deep breath. The answer wasn’t even something he had to think about. He smirks to himself before he opens his mouth. “I would say hell yes,” he tells her.

She chuckles at his response. “Now, all you have to do is get her to marry you,” she tells him.

He smiles. “And you would be perfectly okay with us getting married?”

She nods. “As long as somewhere along the line I get a grandchild, because God only know when Andy is going to settle down.”

Zayn laughs. “Alright, I promise. Well I guess I have to go buy a ring,” he tells her.

She smiles. “Thank you for everything you’ve done for her. God only knows where she would’ve been if she didn’t meet you. I know I always came off a little harsh, but it was only because I wanted what was best for her, and now I can see that you’re probably the best thing that has happened to her.”

He smiles and pulls her into a hug. “Thank you,” he says quietly.

She smiles at him. “No, thank you.”

---------------------

See, I almost cut it off right before he was going to reply to her marriage question… but I didn’t, hehe.

Anyway, omg. What do you think is going to happen now? :o

Okay, to give me some time to write, I will update again when this gets [300] votes! So, comment, vote and fan! Hopefully Wattpad has fixed its reads, because I know the last chapter has a lot more than what is counted for, sigh.

:) xx