07: Nowhere We Can Hide

Start from the beginning

“You’re such a jerk,” she tells him, pushing him playfully.

He chuckles. “You love me,” he tells her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

“I actually hate you now,” she says to him, sticking her tongue out at him. “Now, please, let me go. I have to get ready for work and then I have a class tonight,” she tells him.

“A class?”

“Uni,” she says as he releases her.

“What time?” he asks, following her around the room.

“Eight.”

“At night?”

“Yup,” she answers as she gathers clean clothes.

“What time do you get off work?” he asks.

“Seven. I have to go home and eat then I have to go to leave again at seven thirty.”

“Why so late?” Zayn asks, as he pulls his jeans back on.

“Because it’s a night class,” she tells him. She kisses his cheek. “I have to go shower. Are you going to be here when I get back?” she asks.

He shake his head. “I have a couple things I have to do. I’ll call you tonight, alright babe?”

She nods and smiles at him. “I’ll be waiting.”

He smirks and kisses her. “I’ll talk to you later,” he tells her before she goes off to the bathroom.

Zayn sighs and gathers his things. He yawns and leaves the room, closing the door behind him. He says bye to Andy and drags Harry out the front door as he protested, complaining it is way to early to wake him up.

“Shut up and get in the damn car,” Zayn tells him.

Harry groans and flips him off as he sits in the passenger seat. He leans his head against the window, trying to sleep a little more. He finally starts to drift off to sleep as Zayn pulls in front of their building. Harry drags himself behind Zayn, leaning against the walls of the hallway for support.

“You’re so ridiculous,” Zayn tells him. He rolls his eyes as Harry curls up on the sofa. “I’m going to shower. I’m going out.”

“Where could you possibly go at this hour?” Harry mumbles into the cushions.

“I’m going to talk to AJ’s mother.”

This catches Harry off guard and he sits up at full attention. “What?”

“I’m going to talk to her about me and her and everything,” Zayn clarifies. He walks over to their small closet, opening the safe and putting his gun away, locking it again.

“What the hell for?” Harry asks from the living room.

“To ask her something,” Zayn calls from his room.

“Are you ask her about moving her?” Harry asks.

Zayn puts his phone on his dresser and grabs clean clothes. “Yeah…”

Harry chuckles loudly. “Good luck with that,” he tells him sarcastically.

Zayn rolls his eyes. “Whatever,” he mutters before going off to get ready.

                                                                         ***

Zayn pulls up to the front of the small, familiar house. He hasn’t been there in what felt like so long. The small house still looks exactly the same. He chuckles to himself as he turns off his car. He gets out and fixes his shirt as he approaches the door. He takes a deep breath and rings the bell. It isn’t that early, around ten in the morning. She should be home. Hopefully, she’s not at work.