Nowhere To Go- Part 3

I woke up to the strong and delicious smell of Kimchi. Instantly, my natural instinct was to get out of bed and follow it, which led me downstairs. I came upon the large inviting kitchen, and Jimin was standing at the very far end of it while preparing a plate that looked rather appetizing.

He heard my wary footsteps and grinned at me, looking me up and down. "안녕 [Morning]," He greeted with a cheeky smile playing on his face. "Good morning," I replied smiling, rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"That's a good look for you, where'd you get it?" Jimin joked referring to my outfit, as he passed by me with a plate of rice and a small bow of Kimchi in his hands.

He placed it on his dining table, and began preparing another back in the kitchen. "I'm not very good at cooking, but I didn't want you waking up on an empty stomach," he said thoughtfully, making me coo at his adorableness.

"Wow, thank you so much... this looks really good," I expressed while lowering my face to smell the food. "I can't believe you went through all this trouble just to make me breakfast," I emphasized, gaping at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Ah, it's nothing," He smiled, and winked at me from over the kitchen counter. I remembered his previous reply to me which was similar to when I had thanked him outside of the house. Is everything he does not such a big deal to him? Cause it is for me.

I blushed and picked up my chopsticks which Jimin had set down for me and ate a mouthful of Kimchi, and it tasted really good as I had expected. "Mmm...이거 맛있어요 [This is delicious]," I hummed as I savored the taste.

"You think so? I'm glad," He responded cheekily, and sat down across from me at the table. "So last night you mentioned that you don't live far from that bar you came from last night. Where is that exactly?" He conversed, now back to his respectable side. My actions froze on the spot and the Kimchi I was about to eat fell on my plate. I was surprised that he even remembered that little bit of information.

"It's my apartment in the Glove neighborhood," I responded, wiping the sauce off of my face with a napkin from the middle of the table. Jimin blew the steam off of his Kimchi as he looked at me, and took a bite. "Mm, you were right- this is good. I didn't know I had it in me," He chuckled, and I giggled fondly, thinking back to last night. "Yeah, me either."

Other than the small talk me and Jimin shared, the clinking of our metal chopsticks against the plates and bowls was the only real noise in the room for a while as we ate well. I began to think back to last night once more, about how the house wasn't anything close to quiet and I blushed slightly. Although the atmosphere changed, I feel like we hadn't.

I still feel like the same me, Jimin hopefully still feels like the same him, but the way we see each other has definitely been.. altered.

Aside from that, it was nearly 1 p.m, and I needed to get home to my apartment. I had courses tomorrow at my university, and I needed to study for semester exams next month. Even though the time between then is generous, my education has always been very important and serious for me, and so I study as much as possible, or at least it's expected that I should. I guess that's how it is for many Korean students.

"Ahem," I cleared my throat noisily, trying to catch the attention of Jimin who was in the process of eating his rice. He looked up at me suddenly. "What's wrong? Do you need some water?" I looked at him seriously, trying to focus on what was technically going through my mind- which was get home, but it was quite hard to focus with his adorable face peering up at me.

"No, I just think I need to start heading home now." I stated slowly, resulting in a slight frown from Jimin. "Oh.." He began, lowering his chopsticks. "It's a shame you have to leave so soon, but I understand. I'll drive you home," He stated, walking over to my side of the table and picking up my plate, leaving a bittersweet feeling to the air.